"Layout is Ambiguous" / The purple windows

jm.torres92
jm.torres92
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I know it's a beta, but is there a way to dismiss these "Layout is ambiguous" messages that surround the window with a purple hue? I imagine it's for debugging purposes and would love to turn it off. Screenshot.

1Password Version: 7 beta 1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @jm.torres92

I'm not seeing that on my screen. What does it say when you click that "why am I seeing this purple window" section in the upper right?

Please let us know.

Ben

• Thanks. In speaking with our development team it appears this is an issue they are aware of. I don't have a workaround to suggest at the moment, but hopefully we can get that taken care of soon.

Thanks for taking the time to report it. :+1:

Ben

• ag_kevin
    edited March 2018

Hi @jm.torres92 ,

This is a known issue that we will be getting fixed up really soon, and will look into a way of turning off the purple window. We believe it happens in cases where Watchtower flagged an item. If you did not have a watchtower notification on an item (even if it was a previously viewed item), please let us know.

Cheers,
    Kevin

• jm.torres92
    jm.torres92
    Community Member

@Ben @ag_kevin thanks. I was actually just going to follow up that it appeasrs to happen when I went into WatchTower, as I have things flagged there currently. Thanks for your quick responses! I'll avoid it for the time being.

• You're very welcome. :)

Ben

• rctneil
    rctneil
    Community Member

Just a +1 from me. I get this immediatley I open v7. It also stops some functionality and when I close the app it stays and have to force quit from Activity Monitor.

• Thanks @rctneil.

Ben

• cortig
    cortig
    Community Member

I'm seeing the purple window Frame on a regular basis. I read the Help entry that describes why/when it happens, but I'm still unsure about what I should do about it. It looks to me like it's a debugging tool for the developers, but us as users can't do much with it. Do you want detailed reports about the Purple Windows?

Corentin

PS: the anti-spam feature is a bit aggressive when a new major beta just comes out… I've been banned for posting for some time because I apparently created too many topics :->

1Password Version: 7.0b1
    Extension Version: 7.0b1
    Sync Type: Dropbox

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@cortig - Please click the Log to Console button and send it along with an email to support+forum@agilebits.com. Make sure to include a link to this thread so we can “connect the dots.” Thanks! :)

• This is a known issue. I've merged your thread with another on the same subject, @cortig. Please see above. No need to email the report at this time.

Ben

• cortig
    cortig
    Community Member

Thanks @Ben

Corentin

• You're welcome. :+1:

Ben

• rctneil
    rctneil
    Community Member

Any estimation of a beta 2 release date? Beta 1 is absolutely unusable for me with this issue. It all fails to quit properly too and I get at least 20 different 1Password 7 processes when running and after managing to quit the main window.

• I don't have an estimate at this point.

Ben

• sriggins
    sriggins
    Community Member
    edited March 2018
    Clicked on overlapping visualized constraints: (
        "<NSLayoutConstraint:0x60000029fd10 OPDetailAlertAbbreviatedView:0x6000003529b0.height == 22   (active)> (Actual Distance - pixels):44",
        "<NSLayoutConstraint:0x6000004842e0 OPCustomButton:0x6000001bb4a0'Vulnerability Alert - Change Password\U2026'.height == 14   (active)> (Actual Distance - pixels):44"
    )

I am going to fix these passwords tonight, but I will duplicate an entry and keep the vulnerable one around for testing.

1Password Version: 7.0.BETA-1 (70000001)
    Extension Version: 4.7.0
    Sync Type: Families

• sriggins
    sriggins
    Community Member

Thanks for moving my post! I searched for "ambiguous" but the search came up with tons of pages on Android, etc, and didn't see this post.

• Great, thanks @sriggins. :)

Ben

• OAW
    OAW
    Community Member

This definitely appeared for me only after I selected Security Audit in the sidebar and had items visible there. What's even more disturbing is that there appears to be no way to get rid of it. Even when I'm able to close the "purple window" if I quit the 1Password app altogether it reappears and stays visible on the screen.

• Thanks, @OAW. We’re aware and hope to have a fix for beta 2.

Ben

• And almost sooner than I could type it beta 2 is out. Please update and let us know if you’re still having trouble.

Ben

• Apologies — we had to pull beta 2 due to an issue in deployment. :frown: With any luck it will be available tomorrow morning.

Ben

• cipherwar
    cipherwar
    Community Member

I am getting that also. Had to go back to 6 for now as this was happening too frequently

• cipherwar
    cipherwar
    Community Member

I had the same purple screen. Was happening too often so had to go back to 6 for now.

• Hi @cipherwar

Could you please try beta 3 and let us know if this issue persists?

Ben

• gzagas
    gzagas
    Community Member

@Ben Can you provide a link updating from 1password 7b1 crashes for me.

• gzagas
    gzagas
    Community Member

@ben Thanks. Get some sleep.

• Heh, thanks. I'll try. But I'm having a ton of fun! :) Sincerely. This beta is so exciting.

Ben

• dmbfan36_23
    dmbfan36_23
    Community Member

I just got this in beta 5 (the first beta I've installed)

I then closed 1PW & ran the following in the console:
    defaults delete com.agilebits.onepassword4-updater NSConstraintBasedLayoutVisualizeMutuallyExclusiveConstraints

Restarted 1PW a couple times, so far so good...

This discussion has been closed.