Feature suggestion -- search ability in iOS login.

FlyingCarpet
FlyingCarpet
Community Member

Hi Folks, I have an iOS feature suggestion for your already terrific product. As you know, when signing into a given site, one is often redirected to a secure server under a different domain. When this happens on Mac OS, there is a search window at top of the pane where I can type in the desired site name to retrieve passwords. However on iPhone this is not the case, so if 1Password does not recognize the site you're trying to log into, you cannot complete the autofill which is awkward. My suggestion: add a search field in the iOS autofill window (like the one in OSX), so when the URL doesn't exactly match your desired site, you can select the proper login from 1Password.

1Password Version: latest
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: latest iOS
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:suggestions

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited March 2018

Hi @FlyingCarpet,

This behavior is intentional and is a security feature. 1Password will not allow you to fill a password for google.com on agilebits.com (or g00gle.com). This is in place to help prevent phishing. If the domain doesn’t match what you’ve saved 1Password should not fill. Please double check. If it is doing so on your Mac that is a bug not a feature.

If a website has login forms on multiple domains the best way to handle that would be to add a second website field to the login item for that site and put in the URL on the second domain in it.

Thanks.

Ben

• Ind3X
    Ind3X
    Community Member

Hi @Ben

I've just come to the forum to suggest a similar feature and found this post in the search.

I'd like to present a different use case:

An example site, called 'domain.org' also runs a forum that requires different login credentials, the domain for that forum is 'forum.domain.org' (domain being identical in both cases).

When using 1password on iOS, I am only presented with the login item for 'domain.org' and have no way of retreiving my credentials for 'forum.domain.org'. There is no search function to retrieve the correct login (as there is on macOS), or at the very least, both logins are not presented as suggestions (as it does on macOS).

The only way around this is to open the main 1P app and copy / paste the details in, or to use the same login details on both sites :|

I'm not sure if both logins are supposed to be presented in this case and this is in fact a bug. If so, I'm happy to provide further details to help get to bottom of this. If not, then a search option or presenting both logins to choose from is a feature request.

• Ind3X
    Ind3X
    Community Member
    edited December 2018

Double post - No idea how that happened.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Ind3X: I'm not able to reproduce that. What are the exact URLs for each login, and what is the exact URL you're visiting? For me, it works just as Ben described, so there's probably something different about what you're doing.

• Ind3X
    Ind3X
    Community Member
    edited December 2018

I do apologise, I got the second domain wrong. The URL for the forum is 'domain.org/forum'. I am still presented with only 1 login item for 'domain.org'. Should I still be presented with both?

• Are these items saved in different vaults? Have you tried saving a new login item for the forum? All other things being equal you should be presented with both.

Ben

• Ind3X
    Ind3X
    Community Member

Hi Ben

Yes the logins are saved as separate login items, but in the same vault. I am only presented with a single item when pressing the key on iOS.

• @Ind3X

Would it be possible to share the contents of the website field(s) on each of these items? If you'd rather do so privately you can email us at support+forum@1password.com (and then post your support ID here).

Thanks.

Ben

• Ind3X
    Ind3X
    Community Member

@Ben

For your reference, support ID is [#XCD-53815-742].

Thanks

• Thanks @Ind3X. Let's continue via email.

Ben

ref: XCD-53815-742

This discussion has been closed.