To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Feature Request: Sync status

hazmat
hazmat
Community Member

I've asked for this before, but it's so important to me that it bears repeating: please show sync status in the apps. Telling me that it's not necessary because it's always in sync isn't helpful. For whatever reason, it's NOT always in sync. Maybe it's network issues at work or device issues somewhere, but troubleshooting would be SO much quicker to simply see, "Oh, this device hasn't synced/updated for a while."

I hope that makes sense. It's really frustrating not knowing when a particular device last synced for our Family account. Fairly often I just have to go edit an item to force a sync. And that's silly.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @hazmat,

Thanks for the feedback. At present our position is that we’d rather spend time fixing any issues that are preventing sync from happening than building a system to monitor last sync info. Quitting and relaunching the app forces a sync, and so should resolve most issues. That isn’t to say that we’ll never do this, just that it isn’t on the radar right now. If you have instances where a device should be in sync (has an interenet connection etc) but isn’t, we definitely want to hear about that.

Thanks.

Ben

• hazmat
    hazmat
    Community Member

Thanks for the reply, Ben. I've seen this many times, but don't always know the source of the problem. Restarting the app doesn't seem to fix it for me. Only way I can always guarantee a sync is to edit an item. I'll let you guys know the next time I see this.

• Please do. Thanks! :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.