Problem updating from 6.8.1 to 6.8.8 on mac.

Options
nonothing
nonothing
Community Member
edited March 2018 in Mac

Hi,

I keep getting Error 67688 and get into some sort of loop.

Have firewall off

Tried to download new version from your website . . it wouldn't verify.

I had this problem last time but cannot remember the solution

Regards

Bob

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

ref: URU-42587-538

Comments

• DanielP
    DanielP
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @nonothing!

I have just replied to your email so you can have some instructions to refer to should this happen again in the future ;)

• nonothing
    nonothing
    Community Member
    Options

HI,

Brilliant, worked straight away. Many thanks

Bob

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@notothing - on behalf of @DanielP, you're quite welcome! Glad he was able to assist. :)

• sri
    sri
    Community Member
    Options

I too have a similar error -- in my case going from 6.7.1 to 6.8.9. Can you please share the secret sauce to fix it?

Sri

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@sri - sure thing. My only hesitation is that you seem to be imagining there's some super-technical, super-brilliant solution to this problem, so revealing our "secret sauce" as you put it, may cause you to realize we're mere mortals. ;)

Anyway, it is nothing more than making sure to quit 1Password and the Mini by typing ^⌥⌘Q (or just holding down the Control and Option keys as you choose Quit from the 1Password menu), then deleting the 1Password application. Don't use any app cleaners or uninstallers to do this, as these programs can remove more data than we want them to. Just drag the 1Password app to your Mac's Trash, empty the Trash, and go visit our downloads page and grab a copy of 6.8.9's full package installer. Run it, and you should be back up and running in no time. :)

• sri
    sri
    Community Member
    Options

Well, fellow Earthling...Said downloads location only offers up 1P v 7.0.4. Is it OK to download that version and install it - will it work with my 6.x license?

Not wanting to mess things up more and foobar my data file, I tried to extrapolate & guess the URL for 6.x as https://app-updates.agilebits.com/download/OPM6. I took me to the great Egress.

So options - Install 7? Or else can I have the URL for 6.x downloads pretty please.

Sri

• vplewis
    vplewis
    Community Member
    Options

@sri go to the page @Lars indicated and click on the line under the Big Blue Download button. A screenshot may help

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@sri - just to follow up on @vplewis' excellent elaboration, and to be clear, NO, your version 6 license will NOT work with version 7. We certainly encourage you to upgrade to 1Password 7 for Mac, but it will be an additional purchase, either of a standalone license or a subscription to 1password.com. You can read more about it in the blog post announcing the release. If you're not ready to upgrade, then just use @vplewis' tip to download version 6.8.9. Let us know if you have any questions! :)

• sri
    sri
    Community Member
    Options

Well, @Lars and @vplewis : I did see the "Using OSX El Capitan or earlier?" link. However I am not using an earlier version of macOS. I am on High Sierra -- 10.13.5 (17F77) to be precise. Which is why I didn't follow that rabbit hole.

Are you saying that I should follow that link to get at 1P 6.8.9 even for High Sierra?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@sri - yep! If you need an earlier version, that's where to get it. You can also visit our version history server and choose from among pretty much every version ever created, if you like. :)

• sri
    sri
    Community Member
    Options

@Lars - OK. Thanks
    I would suggest updating your downloads page. Something that would clarify to the user that the link is not just for users on older OSes.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@sri - thanks for the suggestion! :)

This discussion has been closed.