iOS app will not accept master password

sysrickky
sysrickky
Community Member

Went to open IOS iPhone app and instead of asking for touch would only prompt for master password. It will not accept it -- tried it on website and it open my account not problem -- iPad app works fine

1Password Version: latest version
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:iOS app will not accept master password

Comments

• Hi @sysrickky,

It sounds like you have a 1Password membership? If that is the case please uninstall and reinstall the 1Password for iOS app and sign in using your membership account. I suspect you may have an old Primary vault on the iPhone. When one exists 1Password will only unlock using the Master Password of that vault, rather than your account password. Uninstalling and reinstalling will remove that vault.

Thanks.

Ben

• sysrickky
    sysrickky
    Community Member

that got me back -- just curious that I use the app daily and it suddenly stopped working -- thanks!

• Thanks for the update. :)

Ben

• niallyoung
    niallyoung
    Community Member

Just updated to iOS 11.3 and got hit by this bug, and it reminds me it’s happened before. Reinstalling fixed it up, but that was scary - I’m lucky I could reinstall without needing my Apple ID password from my membership Vault.

I’m 100% positive there was no local iOS vault before the 11.3 upgrade, as I’ve been chasing down all of these surprise vaults lately amongst the whole family. It’s pretty confusing and frustrating that it keeps happening by itself, so it’d be great to hear this is a known issue and will be looked into?

• @niallyoung

If you're positive of that I'd really like to see a diagnostic report the next time this happens. You can generate one even if you can't unlock 1Password by pasting this address into the Safari address bar and opening it as if it were a website:

onepassword://diagnostics

Thanks.

Ben

• Infinity
    Infinity
    Community Member
    edited March 2018

Hi, sort of same issue here.
    This morning i changed my Master password (MP) in the web enviroment of 1Password.
    All seems fine, on Windows and iPhone now i have to use the new MP, however
    on iPad the new MP does not accept, and do i have to use the old MP. Odd, isn’t it?
    I suppose i need to remove the iPad app and install the iOs app on iPad again?
    PS: for posting this comment i have to log in with old password 🙁
    So now i have 2Master passwords?

• Ben
    Ben
    edited March 2018

@Infinity

If a Primary vault (standalone vault) exists on a device that device will unlock using the Master Password of that vault, instead of your 1Password account password. This is why we recommend deleting the Primary vault as part of the migration process.

Uninstalling and reinstalling 1Password for iOS will remove the Primary vault.

Thanks

Ben

• Infinity
    Infinity
    Community Member
    edited March 2018

hi Ben, thanks for the support. I did as you mentioned above and it worked out well.
    I guess there was some disturb with my old 1PW v4 and my new 1PW 6 account.
    So before reinstalling the iOs app on my iPad i removed the 1PW4 software and deleted al the synced data from Dropbox. So everything is working well now.

• Glad to hear that worked. :)

Ben

• niallyoung
    niallyoung
    Community Member

@Ben it's happened again, where should I send the diagnostics to? Can I go ahead and reinstall once I have the diagnostics?

• Diagnostics go to support+forum@agilebits.com, please. You can reinstall once you've sent the diagnostics. When you send the email you should get a message back from BitBot with a support ID. Please post that ID here.

Thanks, and sorry to hear this is still happening.

Ben

• niallyoung
    niallyoung
    Community Member

@Ben TWM-15974-366 thanks for taking a look.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited April 2018

Thanks @niallyoung. We’ve received the report and will be reviewing it ASAP.

Ben

ref: TWM-15974-366

This discussion has been closed.