Is New Beta 7 1Password App for Anyone, Including Non-Technical Folk?

Options
1Douglas
1Douglas
Community Member
edited March 2018 in Mac

Hi 1Password.

In the mystical and magical land of Beta testing, does one need to have any experience in tech?
I would love to get in on the new version, but I have zero tech experience and thus would be unable to troubleshoot or add anything of value. What do I do if a bug occur's etc.?
I just want to get the new version early, without the possible hassle due to being computer illiterate.

Cheers,
Douglas

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2018
    Options

@1Douglas - If you self-describe as "zero tech experience," it may be better for you to stick with the stable version of 1Password 6 for Mac...but it's not like your computer will explode or anything if you did decide to be adventurous and install 1Password 7 for Mac. Are you using a 1password.com account, or standalone?

• 1Douglas
    1Douglas
    Community Member
    Options

LOL.
    I am using 1password.com.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2018
    Options

@1Douglas - If that's the case, then you have even greater freedom to choose, since no matter what happened locally, your data would still be available and backed up on the 1password.com servers. If you see a bug, you can report it here at this forum in the Mac Beta section.

Or you can wait until we release the stable version of 1Password 7 for Mac, later this spring. I can't say for certain how long we'll be in beta, squashing bugs and putting on the final coat of paint...but I'd be surprised if it was summer before we released. So, it's really up to you! And whatever you choose, 1Password 7 for Mac won't cost you a dime extra: it's included as part of your 1password.com membership, just like new versions of ALL our native 1Password apps.

• 1Douglas
    1Douglas
    Community Member
    Options

I will give it a try.

Cheers,
    Douglas

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2018
    Options

@1Douglas -- awesome! Before you know it, you'll be hanging out exclusively in Mac Beta and using all the insider lingo. :)

This discussion has been closed.