Cannot add all my vaults

dazuk
dazuk
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I have just purchased the standalone license for 1Password 7 beta and installed this on my Mac. I have multiple vaults I sync with Dropbox but it is only allowing me to add the main vault to 1Password 7. Can anyone help me add the other vaults?

1Password Version: 7.0.BETA-3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.13.3
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• @dazuk,

do these vaults happen to be of the agilekeychain variety?

Rudy

• dazuk
    dazuk
    Community Member

Hi Rudy

Yes, the majority are agilekeychain format. I have 7 vaults and 5 are agilekeychain and the other 2 are opvault.

I am coming from 1Password v6 stand-alone on my Mac to this 7 beta. I did see an upgrade from previous version box but in my haste dismissed it and didn’t see it again.

Any ideas on what I’m doing wrong?

• @dazuk,

You'll want to make use of 1Password v6 to transition those agilekeychain vaults to OPVault in the near term, 1Password 7 will do that automatically in a future beta.. Dragging and dropping them onto the application icon should prompt 1Password 7 to then add the opvaults as new standalone vaults.

Rudy

• dazuk
    dazuk
    Community Member

Hi Rudy

Thanks for your help. It got me in the right direction.

Here are the steps I took in case anyone finds them useful:

1. Saved a backup of the Dropbox files locally (just incase!)
    2. Converted the agilekeychain to OPVault format using 1Password v6 on my Mac (https://support.1password.com/cs/switch-to-opvault/), this involved deleting the Dropbox copies and starting the sync up again which created the files in the new format
    3. Closed 1Password v6
    4. Deleted 1Password v6 application (I find going to Mac HD > Applications > 1Password.app and deleting from there the best way)
    5. In the Finder window I navigated to my local Dropbox folder and double clicked on my primary vault which in turn opened up 1Password v7, input my password and it synchronised
    6. Repeated for each vault by double clicking them which loaded them up to 1Password v7 and synchronised them (I found drag and drop didn't work for me)

When I opened the 1Password iOS app it alerted it could not find the files on Dropbox so I manually went into Settings > Vaults > Select a vault > Sync Service > Dropbox > Select the relevant OPVault file. Repeat for each vault.

Thanks
    Darrell

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@dazuk - thanks for reporting the steps, and glad everything worked out for you. :) Welcome to OPVault!

This discussion has been closed.