easiest way to use password generation? very clunky!

Options
nelly2010
nelly2010
Community Member

Updating a lot of passwords due to breach. I would like to use password generation, but funky things happen. I try to copy the generated password, it closes the window. if i have a login open, it seems not to update when i change the password on the site. i like to have a copy and know what the pw is before it autosubmits, because if there is a problem then you will never be able to get back into web site. i can't figure out how to use pw generation from within a login....these data breaches are great for 1P, great to be able to find same/related passwords, but editing them is still manual and frustrating. Why? If i asked how to update 30 passwords, what would you recommend as easiest way? Bcs this way not very good.

1Password Version: 1Password Version 6.8.6 (686003) Mac App Store
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: os x 10.12.6
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:how to use password generation feature? am resetting a lot of passwords, it isn't v. convenient

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@nelly2010

...these data breaches are great for 1P...

I don't think data breaches are good for anyone, except perhaps for the people doing the actual thievery. 😕

Here's our actual guide to changing your passwords; much of what you described is behavior I don't recognize (windows closing). But every password generated by the password generator will indeed be saved as its own password (not Login) item in 1Password. If you're finding that you're not being prompted to save a changed password, we’ve got a guide for that also.

There's no way in 1Password to change multiple passwords at once, because the process requires you to change each password at the site in question, one at a time. There's no getting around that, currently, so I don't really have any suggestions for changing thirty passwords with a single click or anything similar. Hope this helps!

This discussion has been closed.