CSV Import from Roboform

New user to 1Password. Export RoboForm login info to CSV residing on Windows desktop.

Import instructions from Help file do not seem to match the 1Password screens that I am seeing.

What am I missing or doing wrong?

1Password Version: 6.8.496
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:roboform csv import

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited February 2018

@bartfong ,

There is a roboform converter you can use to convert your exported Roboform data. Use version 1.10 in Testing Bits, mentioned in the first post of the converter suite thread.

See the README.pdf. It walks you through the process step-by-step (the document is long, since it covers all the different converters and options available, however, the process is fairly easy if you follow the steps).

Ask if you need any help.

• tealduck
    tealduck
    Community Member

@bartfong: You might consider importing your logins manually instead. I just went through this exercise because I didn't know about the RoboForm import tool. It was actually quite beneficial as I was able to purge a lot of dead accounts, change older email addresses, strengthen some passwords. Over the years you collect a lot of logins and many are just not used any more.

Another benefit, many sites have gone to SSL since those logins were created and RoboForm was still pointing to the older non-secure versions. RoboForm also was not always pointing to valid pages on those sites and this allowed me to save the more current links.

• @bartfong: We actually just rewrote that Roboform support article, so it should be nice and updated. My bet would be that you're looking in the app to import rather than at 1Password.com. We generally recommend you import using the web app as that's where the built-in importers live. Sign into your account in your browser, and I'd bet those instructions start making much more sense. :chuffed:

• KenShaw57
    KenShaw57
    Community Member

I guess I'm being dense. I opened RoboForm from my desktop and looked for Export. I couldn't find it.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited March 2018

@KenShaw57 ,

Which version of RoboForm are you using, and on what Platform?

The macOS version 8.4 of RoboForm has File > Export.

• KenShaw57
    KenShaw57
    Community Member

I can't find hat, either. But I clicked thru the latest update a few days ago. I'm on Windows 10, using Chrome. I don't see "File" anywhere. I'll try to create another update.

• KenShaw57
    KenShaw57
    Community Member

I have Version 8.4.7

• KenShaw57
    KenShaw57
    Community Member

Oops, that is Version 8.4.7.7

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited March 2018

@KenShaw57

For Windows version 8.4, use the RoboForm menu, select Options > Data & Sync > Export To and choose the CSV file format.

This discussion has been closed.