1Password does not recognize 1P X and Recommends Regular Extensions

Hi guys,

I noticed that 1P (6 and 7) both do not detect the use of 1P X in the browser and still seem to recommend installing the extension even though I have 1P X installed. I think this happens on Chrome as well.

Screenshot:

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2018

Hey @jadchaar,

Thanks for bringing this up! Currently, 1Password X and 1Password for Mac don't have any way to communicate with each other. Frankly, this just wasn't a priority due to 1Password X's ability to function autonomously of the 1Password native applications. We plan to change this soon which would not only let 1Password for Mac know you have 1Password X installed, but also open up a whole lot of neat functionality we can add for folks that choose to have a 1Password native application installed.

I'm ashamed to admit I've seen this countless times but it wasn't on our issue tracker. I've gone ahead and corrected that so the rest of my team can be reminded that it doesn't make sense for us to be asking folks to install the 1Password browser extension with 1Password X currently installed. ⚒

Thanks again for helping us make 1Password X better for everyone! 🚀

I hope you have a pleasant weekend. 😀

-Beyer

ref: b5x-350

This discussion has been closed.