1Password 7 not starting on Start up

Options
Andrew42
Andrew42
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I still have 1P4 installed but I have deactivated it in Start up. I have 1P7 settings set to start up automatically with windows, (default setting I believe).
During the log on process 1P flashes on the screen then disappears. At no time am I asked for my password. When I click on the extension in Edge I am asked to log on.
Where am I going wrong?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @Andrew42,

Thanks for reporting this.

You're not doing anything wrong, this is a known issue.

1Password has to render a window quickly to process keyboard shortcut registrations. Currently, it cannot be done without the flash but we're looking into a different solution to fix this, so that you wouldn't see any flashes.

This does not involve your 1Password data in general, just a weird thing to make keyboard shortcuts work.

• Andrew42
    Andrew42
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Mike, so unlike 1P4 it does not ask for the password until you actually want to use it? In effect it is not actually starting when windows starts, its juts available to be invoked?

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @Andrew42,

Correct, it will only unlock when you need it and automatically lock when the computer idles from no mouse/keyboard movement, based on a timer you set within 1Password's security settings.

Unlike 1Password 4, there are no separate 1Password and 1Password Helper processes, it's just one process with two separate views. This means the locking will be more consistent and more reliable.

• Andrew42
    Andrew42
    Community Member
    Options

Thank You.

• MikeT
    Options

You’re welcome.

This discussion has been closed.