1Password for Firefox Beta, Ubuntu 17.10 Gnome and i3: Not working at all

Options

Hi guys.

I am running Ubuntu 17.10 and have tried in both Gnome and i3. It was the same binary of Firefox in both cases (the beta client linked in the email I received from you guys, v59.0.2).

Gnome:

• The 1Password icon shows up in login boxes, it has a little lock on it. When I click it explains to me that I should press ctrl+period, however that binding seems to conflict with the new Firefox MultiContainer addon in that the MultiContainer window is opened instead.
  • When I click on the actual 1Password addon icon in the menu bar (so not the one on the login box) I get a nice looking popup which requires my master password. If I enter a wrong password it errors within the second, as it should. If I enter a correct password it merely hangs for around a minute which is the limit for my patience and I restart the browser.

So that is as far as I could get on Gnome.

i3:

• Icons on login boxes do nothing.
  • The app icon is simply blank with no content at all so no way to log in.

In general:

• This extension seems to be some adoptation of a Chrome plugin as I did see one error message (sorry, forgot to save it) which traced "chrome something something" as well as some message.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• shreve
    shreve
    Community Member
    Options

The current beta version is 60.0~b7. You need to have at least version 60.

I'm also using Ubuntu 17.10 + Gnome 3.26 + i3 4.14 and the extension works great. My only problem is a Firefox bug having to do with font rendering.

• metheon
    metheon
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @shreve, thank you for responding.

I got the nightly now which is 60.0a1 - oddly enough, behavior remained the same.

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2018
    Options

Hey @metheon,

Thanks for taking the time to let us know 1Password X isn't working at all for you. I'm very sorry about that, but I'm also excited to hear you might've found something we can get it resolved before our public release. To start out, could you please send me a diagnostics report using the browser you're experiencing issues with?

To do so, just click this unique link (with 1Password x installed) and then the big red "Open 1Password and Send Diagnostics" button. You don't need to worry about adding any additional comments. I'll take a look, and if I need any additional information to reproduce what you see on our end, I'll shoot you a response over email.

Thanks again – I look forward to seeing your diagnostics report!

-Beyer

• metheon
    metheon
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @beyer.

Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback.

I misspoke earlier, my version is actually 61.0a1, which you will probably see in the diagnostics report I just sent you.

I also have some clarification on the login process. The first time I open the login box (using the app addon icon, not the small one in the login boxes) it appears to be normal. I enter the password, click enter. The blue 'ok' box (or whatever its called) starts spinning indefinitely. Yesterday I did let it spin for 10 mins to no effect. If I click somewhere else to get rid of the box then on the next click on the button it goes black as mentioned earlier (the black might be coming from my dark OS theme?).

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2018
    Options

@metheon: Thanks for sending over your diagnostics report. I'll take a look, try to reproduce your issue, and let you know if I need any additional information. 👍

-Beyer

ref: SFB-56792-579

• metheon
    metheon
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @beyer, any news or additional information I can provide to help you?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@metheon: Can you tell me which versions you're using now, if it's still not working for you? I'll asked @beyer to follow up with you via email if he needs any more details information. Thanks for you patience and willingness to work with us on this!

This discussion has been closed.