Delay in Tagging Items

Options
Tran
Tran
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I'm experiencing about a 5 second lag when adding or removing a tag from an item.

As soon as I: (a) add or remove a tag to an item; and (b) click on another item immediately, a noticeable lag is seen. 1Password 7 does not immediately update the far-right panel with the new item details associated with that item.

• Adding or removing tags are done in two ways: right-click menu, and editing and saving the item. Both produce this delay.
  • My 1Password data was converted from 1Password 4 to 7.

1Password Version: 7.0.532.BETA
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Tran
    Tran
    Community Member
    Options

I think I know what's going on.

As soon as I add or remove a tag, the "Offline Changes" appears in the left panel. While this is present, clicking on any items in the center panel will not update the right panel.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @Tran,

Thanks for reporting this.

The lag is unfortunately expected at this moment but it will get better. The lag is due to syncing from the internal database to your standalone vault on drive in addition to backing up your vault, which causes the UI to halt for a few seconds until it is done. This is our intent to protect your data more aggressively during the initial beta stage of development. As 1Password 7 matures, we’ll reduce the aggressiveness of the backups and optimize the overall experience.

This discussion has been closed.