Installed 1P7 on Mac and Windows but each platform now uses different Vault? Please help!

cutter
cutter
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

So I decided to upgrade to 1P7 beta4 on my Mac; the upgrade procedure was seemingly (and thankfully) uneventful; my vault was imported from Dropbox to all was fine.

I then decided to upgrade my Windows client from version 4 to the latest beta using the same procedure. I uninstalled 1P4, and then installed the latest 7. I pointed the Windows client to the Dropbox folder but the installation did not proceed stating that the folder name must end with .opvault or .agilkeychain. I then pointed to my .agilekeychain file and 1P7 created an .opvault file.

I know have the Mac and IOS clients pointing to the .agilekeychain file on DropBox and my Windows client pointing to the .opvault file. Is this normal? Shouldn't all clients point to the same file?

1Password Version: 7.0.BETA-4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: DropBox

Comments

• Hey @cutter! I’d be happy to help. Since you switched to using the OPVault format, all you need to do now is sync your Mac to that vault:

1. Open and unlock 1Password for Mac.
    2. Choose 1Password > Preferences in the menu bar.
    3. Click Sync, then choose None from the "Sync vault with" menu.
    4. Choose to delete the copy of data stored in Dropbox right now - this is your AgileKeychain vault. Your data is safe on your Mac and PC, so there's no need to worry about anything being deleted. I just don't want you to have two copies of your vault for the future.
    5. Enable Dropbox sync again, this time with the OPVault.

Then you should be all set. Hope that helps! :)

• cutter
    cutter
    Community Member

Thank you Jacob, I was just about to post that after searching around in the forums, I realised that I had never moved away from agilekeychain on my iOS and Mac, so when I installed 1P7 on Windows (being the first version that doesn't support agilekeychain vaults), I had to convert it to opvault and then force my iOS and Mac clients to use opvault as well.

By the way, the Windows client does not reference using the opvault vault from Dropbox (as the Mac client does); it simple states that it's using "on this PC". Is this the expected behaviour?

Thanks again!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@cutter: Yep, that's expected right now, but we'll be updating both of the betas to be more consistent over time. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.