Firefox 58.0b4 (Quantum) 1Password Add-on 4.6.12.90 grayed out in toolbar

I have 1Password Add-on 4.6.12.90 installed on Firefox 58.0b4 (Quantum), installed on Windows 8.1...

The 1Password button in the toolbar is grayed out and can't be clicked. Right click reveals a 1Password menu (along with Pin to Overflow menu, and remove from toolbar) but nothing happens when I select it. Do you know what is happening? Any other users having the same issue?

Ah should I add the Firefox version is a portable one (but unsure if this has any repercussions).

Thank you for your feedback.

1Password Version: 4.6.2626
Extension Version: 4.6.12.90
OS Version: Windows 8.1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Luds,

Thank you for reaching out!

First of all, could you please try to do the following:

1) Open and unlock 1Password 4 on your PC and go to Help > Advanced > Use Native Messaging protocol. Make sure Native Messaging is selected there.

2) Go to Help > Restart 1Password Helper.

3) Restart 1Password 4 and Firefox on your PC.

Does the issue remain after that? Please let me know. In the meantime, I will test how 1Password 4 works with portable version of Firefox on my PC. Thank you! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

• Luds
    Luds
    Community Member

Hello Greg,
    Thank you for your message.

I checked step by step your instructions and I can confirm that I made sure "Use Native Messaging protocol. Make sure Native Messaging was selected there". Indeed it was already on/selected/ticked.

I don't know what else to do from now...

Thanks for offering to test how 1Password 4 works with portable version of Firefox on your PC. In order to make it easier for you and so that we have the same portable version of Firefox I have uploaded it here : https://ufile.io/pwsax (Otherwise here is were I found it https://portableapps.com/apps/internet/firefox-developer-portable#download_details)

Thanks again for your help.

Luds

• MikeT
    edited January 2018

Hi @Luds,

We'll test it but officially, we do not support any unofficial builds of the browsers we support, meaning we can only work with the builds directly from Mozilla.

I've just tested it and it works okay for me. Please use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

ref: HSK-37167-658

• jjnich
    jjnich
    Community Member

I have the same problem. Using Firefox Quantum 58.0 (officially released by Mozilla) I had to download the browser add-on from another browser as I kept getting the "connection error" when trying to download it in firefox. When I added it to FF it is sitting on the toolbar greyed out. Screenshot. It isn't clickable and doesn't prompt me when logging in to any sites.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@jjnich - That doesn't sound right. If you've already followed these steps without success, then I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Windows PC:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?windows

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the Subject line of your diagnostics email before sending it:

[#TDS-56753-451]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. We'll take a look and let you know what we find out.

For anyone else reading, please note: this ID is for @jjnich only. If you’re experiencing the same issue and need help, please ask us for your own ID.

• macmoledo
    macmoledo
    Community Member

Hi all,
    I just wanted to say that today I found that I had the very same problem as @Luds above with my Firefox extension and I followed the steps from Greg, and it worked out for me.
    When I re-started the 1password helper it requested me to repair it, I did and after that it worked fine.
    My Firefox is the version 58.0.2 (32-bit) downloaded from Mozilla's website.
    And my 1Password version for Windows is 4.6.2.626.
    Hope it helps someone.
    Regards.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi there @macmoledo,

Thank you for chipping in! I am glad to hear that my instructions helped. :chuffed:

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with, we are always here for you.

Cheers,
    Greg

• Luds
    Luds
    Community Member

Hello and thank you for the feedback @macmoledo
    Can you please confirm if this is the portable version of Firefox you are using ? Thanks

• macmoledo
    macmoledo
    Community Member

Hi. It was with the Firefox Quantum 58.0.2 (32-bit) for a Windows PC running Windows 7 Enterprise.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Luds,

I see that Mike replied to you before via email. What version of Firefox are you using at the moment? Thanks! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

• Luds
    Luds
    Community Member

Thank you @macmoledo for confirming the details, from what I understand it was not the "portable" version you were using. Thanks for the confirmation.

@Greg I can confirm the portable version of Firefox I am using is 58.0.2
    The 1Password extension is installed but still greyed out, so not working.

• macmoledo
    macmoledo
    Community Member

Sorry, I think I replied to a message that wasn't for me!!! Apologies, I didn't notice. And apologies because I'm not sure of what do you mean by portable; I guess it is related to tablets or smartphones?? If that is the case mine is not the portable one indeed.
    Apologies again if I added some confusion. Regards.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@Luds: Does it work in a standard version of Firefox on your computer? Am I right to understand that you have updated your portable version of Firefox? Please let us know.

Thanks!

++
    Greg

• Luds
    Luds
    Community Member
    edited March 2018

Hello and thanks @macmoledo, the portable version is the version you unzip and can keep on a USB key for example or any other removable media. It works without installing anything (just a file you unzip and keep in a folder, and you run Firefox from there). But thanks anyway for the feedback :-)

@Greg, the standard version is a no go for me and this is a portable version I am using. The current version I am using is v59.0.2 (found on PortableApps website (https://portableapps.com/apps/internet/firefox_portable)). Thanks

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Luds: Thanks for clarifying. Indeed, that isn't something we support, as 1Password's browser integration relies on Native Messaging connections and registry settings for everything to work. You're free to use the browser — and even 1Password itself — on USB drive, but it will break integration for you; you'll need to copy and paste between them.

This discussion has been closed.