1P Windows doesn’t refresh changes until exited

Hi,

I’ve just completed setting up subscription services for my macOS , Win10 and iOS platforms. All installations are using the same subscription vault, and they can successfully read and write to the vault without problems.

What I’m seeing is a delay in refreshing 1P Win 10 data if the data is changed on another device. For instance, if I add a new login on my MacBook Pro , this login doesn’t appear in 1P Win until I quit 1P Win and restart it. This is NOT how refreshes worked the old way with Dropbox.

I’m hoping that there’s some setting somewhere that I’m missing.

Thanks.

Mike

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Omen: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the trouble! Can you tell me which versions you're using? It sounds like we may have a newer one for you. :)

• Omen
    Omen
    Community Member

It’s version 6.8.496

I didn’t find any new releases for 1P. I was looking at the tray icon when I spotted this issue, but I’m assuming that the app itself would have the same problem (?)

Mike

• Omen
    Omen
    Community Member

In addition, search doesn’t quite work right. I have a password with the title “Apple ID - iCloud”. When I searched for “icloud” (without the quotes), 1P didn’t find the entry.

In addition addition 🙂, the tray item shows no passwords found, but when you select everything, the passwords show up.

I can start separate threads if you want.

I’m glad I can use 1P on Windows. I didn’t want to change password managers.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@Omen: Thank you for the additional info!

We have made a lot of improvements (including the ones to sync behaviour) in our latest beta of 1Password 7 for Windows. Could you please give it a try and let us know if it works better for you? You can learn more about it in this post in our blog.

Thanks in advance! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

• Omen
    Omen
    Community Member

Greg, I'll try it out and let you know.

• Omen
    Omen
    Community Member

Wow. 1P Windows 7 is a vast improvement over 1P 6. The search by title threw me a curve by not being there, but I found another thread where I can use title: to get what I want from search. That’s good for now.

I’m glad I stuck with 1P. Your devotion and hard work to get 1P Windows working smoothly like macOS is all I need to keep my subscription. Keep up the great work!

Thanks for all your help!

Mike

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Omen,

Thank you for your kind words! :blush: I am glad to hear that 1Password 7 is behaving better. We are working really hard to make it great and I hope it shows. Please let us know if you notice anything odd, as it is still in beta. Thanks again! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.