How to fill both pages of USAA sign-in form with a single Login item.

2»

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Looks like this is figured out now for Mac, but what about for Windows?

@eseglem: This discussion is about 1Password for Mac.

It doesn't appear that there is any way to create a new item from clipboard. Why does the UI not just allow adding web form detail fields manually?

Because the Windows app is brand new, this isn't a feature that's been developed and tested there yet.

That would solve this whole problem easily.

What's the problem you're having?

• eseglem
    eseglem
    Community Member
    edited March 2018

I am having the exact same problem as the entire thread, just don't have a Mac.

• amhoskinson
    amhoskinson
    Community Member

@brenty Yes, I did that. Same count.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@eseglem: While lil bobby was able to come up with a rather complex workaround for the problem, the problem itself is that the website is splitting their login process between two very different login forms. In general, when something like that isn't feasible, we recommend saving a separate login item for each page, as I suggested in the first place, since that is most likely to fill correctly, especially as the site changes over time:

Sign in to websites with username and password split across multiple pages

Please give that a try and let me know if that helps.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@amhoskinson: Thanks for checking. Please try to save a new login manually there:

1. Navigate to the website
    2. Enter your login credentials
    3. Click the 'keyhole' icon to bring up the extension
    4. Click the 'gear' icon for Settings
    5. Click Save New Login
    6. Give it a name and Save

If you view its details in 1Password, does it have the correct username and password? If so, are you able to fill using that? But if they've changed something, and the previous workaround is no longer effective, you'll need to save a separate login item for each page so that it can fill correctly on each:

Sign in to websites with username and password split across multiple pages

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions!

• amhoskinson
    amhoskinson
    Community Member

@brenty Thanks for that procedure. That login works, of course. Then I compared the new, saved login with the older script, and found that the field names were a bit different. I tweaked the script as above, adding the PIN field to the web form field, and tried again. It now works the way your original recommendation did, above. Thanks for hanging in there with me.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@amhoskinson: That's interesting. And, likewise, thanks for your perseverance. We don't have a good way to test this extensively ourselves, so would you mind sharing the specific changes you made? It may help others as well. :blush:

• amhoskinson
    amhoskinson
    Community Member

@brenty Sure thing! Here are the field codes from the new, working 1PW login for USAA. Note I did not change the name and PW field codes at all - USAA populated these when I followed your instructions for creating a login manually, above. I then added the PIN field code from my old script (which, you'll recall, was working).

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Gotcha. Thank you so much! :chuffed:

• paulrudy
    paulrudy
    Community Member

This was working for me until upgrading to 1Password 7. Anyone else having problems with it?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@paulrudy: What is it specifically that you're having trouble with?

• paulrudy
    paulrudy
    Community Member

1Password no longer enters the password, only the username. And on the PIN screen, it no longer enters the PIN.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @paulrudy,

So I have a couple of questions as there's still so many unknowns at the moment.

1. Is this 1Password 7 for Mac or for Windows?
    2. The Login item that no longer works, was it one created using the details in this thread or were you using two Login items, one for each stage and these were saved in the browser using an earlier version of 1Password?
    3. Does saving new Login items, one for each stage, make any difference? I'm thinking of the How to save a Login manually in your browser steps when I suggest this.
  • paulrudy
    paulrudy
    Community Member

Hi @littlebobbytables,

Thanks for your reply.

1. 1Password 7 for Mac
    2. This was created using the details in this thread, in 1Password 6. Stopped working with 1Password 7. I also tried to recreate it from scratch, using the details from the thread.
    3. Stage by stage works, but I'm trying to get one single login to work, as per this thread.
  • littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @paulrudy,

You're right, a single Login item doesn't want to behave even with the tricks that worked before. At least for the moment it looks like you will be limited to separate Login items. I think some future changes should help restore filling with a single Login item but when these changes will make it into a version of 1Password for Mac I cannot say. Obviously two Login items feels less elegant but at least it still allows you to use 1Password to fill.

• paulrudy
    paulrudy
    Community Member

Ah, ok. Thanks for clarifying. Hope that functionality gets reintroduced.

Paul

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

:+1:

• steinauf
    steinauf
    Community Member

Topping this because it's the most thoughtful discussion on this issue I could find on Google. I also am a USAA user with the same problems. Only thing now is, on the PIN page, clicking into the field doesn't give me a drop down for anything from 1Password, so I need to either manually enter it or click the browser extension button and have it autofill (from my second login).

Just wondering if there's been any more work done on this type of field? Also, in the latest Windows version, the instructions for manually creating a password and capturing the web form details don't seem to work either.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @steinauf ,
    It sounds like you might be using 1Password X in your browser, which is a different extension than what is discussed here. If you are indeed using 1Password X in your browser, this entire discussion and suggestions in it are irrelevant :)

Please check and confirm or correct me.

• steinauf
    steinauf
    Community Member

I have X for browser and v7 for Windows. What should I be using if not these?

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

@steinauf We currently offer two different extensions, 1Password X - which is a relatively new product, and the good old companion extension, which you can check out here: https://1password.com/browsers/

Please note that we do highly recommend using 1Password X since it has enhanced autofilling logic and autofilling experience.

• johncade
    johncade
    Community Member

Hi all,

1Password user with a PC, also trying to find a workaround for USAA. I cannot get it to auto fill my PIN, even with two separate logins created. Can anyone help?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@johncade:

What version of the 1Password app and of the 1Password browser extension are you currently using?

This discussion has been closed.