Long titles/usernames are not visible in 1PW Mini [Known issue with converting AgileKeychain]

trailmax
trailmax
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I have about a gazillion of Microsoft accounts, each of them is like FullFirstName.LongLastName@MyVeryLongCompanyName.OnMicrosoft.com. When I open login.live.com I have a selection of accounts presented, but a lof othe information is hidden:

And there is no way to get that username I'm about to use, other than copy -> paste in login form, check if it is a correct one, repeat until you got the right one.

It would be helpful if there was a tooltip available when title/username is too long to fit on Mini screen.

1Password Version: 7.0.532
Extension Version: Chrome
OS Version: Win10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @trailmax,

Thanks for writing in.

Did you originally use AgileKeychain and converted it to OPVault in 1Password 7 Beta?

If yes, then it is to be expected at the moment. 1Password mini does show username in the second row like this:

What you have is the old way of showing username from 1Password 4 and other old 1Password apps, username was saved in the title itself. We've stopped doing this 4 years ago in the 1Password extensions to save the username in the title and let 1Password renders it in the subtitle field below the title.

If you quickly edit any of your items and save without any changes in 1Password 7, you'll notice the subtitle shows up in the item list right after that.

We're working on a solution to automatically do this for all items when opening an existing old AgileKeychain vaults and for current converted OPVaults but we don't have a timeframe on this. It'll be implemented before the stable release of 1Password 7.0.

ref: OPW-2044

• trailmax
    trailmax
    Community Member

@MikeT Indeed, I've converted from v4 to v7. I've seen the other thread about usernames not coming up. Re-saved some of the items and this partly fixed the problem. Still some.usernames.are@veryverylong.companynam..... even with the usernames showing as sub-header.

• Hi @trailmax,

That is because that's the actual title saved in your items. If you do not want to see them, you have to manually rename the title to remove them.

• trailmax
    trailmax
    Community Member

@MikeT As you advised I've re-saved the items and usernames are still too long to fit into Mini

• Hi @trialmax,

Thanks for the screenshot, I misunderstand your original question, I thought you've meant the title, not the subtitle.

Hmm, if it was truncated by us, it should show the tooltip by default. We'll look into it and see if we can add a tooltip.

• Philippe23
    Philippe23
    Community Member

+1 for tooltip on long title or subtitle in mini for 1P7. I've got a lot of them that get cut off in ways that are hard to differentiate because they're long.

• While tooltip is not yet implemented, you can always make mini window wider, it's a regular window after all.

• trailmax
    trailmax
    Community Member

@SergeyTheAgile Yes, that's exactly the solution I discovered myself. Not very obvious that this a regular window - no usual controls.

For some reason I never got notifications about more posts in this thread... so a late reply.

• No worries about the late reply. I'm glad you found the solution.

This discussion has been closed.