Safari extension issue - selecting login doesn't open a tab, actually nothing happens.

Gordito73
Gordito73
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Hi all, appreciate any help up front.

Used to have 1Password 6 from the MAS on my MacBook and all the other versions before. Installed the 1Password 7 beta last week and deleted the v6. All works well EXCEPT when I open the Safari (or Opera extension for that matter) extension and type in a certain/any login, it brings it up but clicking on it does not automatically open the new tab and fill it in, as it used to do in v6. I now have to navigate with the mouse pointer to the "website" field (see attachment) and click it for a new tab to be opened. In order to fill the login & password I have to again go to the extension and choose the login again and only then does it fill the relevant fields.

I have restarted the Mac several times and also Safari and Opera. What am I doing wrong?

1Password Version: 7.0 beta 5
Extension Version: 7.0 beta 5
OS Version: OS X 10.13.4
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

You will be happy to know you are doing nothing wrong. From this AgileBits' post:

Open and fill is not currently implemented in the new Safari extension, it is coming in a future beta release.

Stephen

• Gordito73
    Gordito73
    Community Member

Thank you Stephen_C! Funny enough, I just realised it does work in the Opera extension ;)

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

Yes, it works in Firefox, too. It's just that the architecture of the Safari extension changed in 1Password 7.

Stephen

• Gordito73
    Gordito73
    Community Member

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Gordito73 - I'm not quite sure what you meant by this most-recent reply? Looks like the same screenshot you included with your other two replies - but with no text from you included. Just let us know whether you need anything else. Thanks.

• Gordito73
    Gordito73
    Community Member

Hi Lars, sorry. No I don’t need anything else. I’ll just wait for the feature to be enabled in Safari. Btw, when I checked in Opera, it works as it did in v6. Now I’m not sure if the Opera extension is from v6 or if the v7 beta reinstalled it.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Gordito73 - only the Safari extension got a significant makeover in 1Password 7. For Chrome, Firefox and Opera, 4.7.90 is still the current version (and can be downloaded from our extensions page.

• clm3k3k3k
    clm3k3k3k
    Community Member

Here it is 2020, similar issue. 1PW was working fine with Safari until a week ago, and now I am having the same issue as reported here, i.e. the website is not loaded and (obviously) password not entered. When I press the Safari browser extension, nothing happens. The 'mini' does nothing either. I tried it with Chrome and (though it's not the default browser) the extension works and so does mini. How can I get Safari and 1PW to work together again? Thanks!

• ag_tommy
    edited February 2020

@clm3k3k3k

Did you install 1Password from the Mac App Store? If so, I believe you are seeing an issue we are currently working on resolving with the latest update.
    You posted in our beta section, was that the desired topic area? If not, I can gladly move the topic.

Please let me know

• clm3k3k3k
    clm3k3k3k
    Community Member

That's got to be it. The last update I got was 7.4.2 'a week ago' according to App Store. Guilty as charged?

• ag_tommy
    edited February 2020

@clm3k3k3k

The issue seems to be confined to Safari. I would suggest trying another browser in the interim. I recommend keeping two browsers on a machine, for when you get a problematic site that refuses to work, with Safari.

Rest assured the team is hard at work tying to resolve the issue.

This discussion has been closed.