1Password 7 broken on Canary 67.0.3386.0

Options
MagicDude4Eva
MagicDude4Eva
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Since Canary updates frequently, an update of Chrome seems to break the link between the Chrome extension and 1Password 7. Would be great if this can be fixed (this has never been an issue on 1Password 6 where a Chrome Canary update broke the link between extension and 1Password)

1Password Version: 1Password 7.0.BETA-4
Extension Version: 4.7.1.2
OS Version: 10.13.4
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Jacob
    Options

Hey @MagicDude4Eva! Sorry about the confusion. 1Password needs the NativeMessagingHosts folder to contain its json file for Chrome Canary. By default, it won't. You can set things up by following these steps:

If you see “1Password can’t save or fill” when you open your browser - Chrome Canary

Hope that helps! :)

• MagicDude4Eva
    MagicDude4Eva
    Community Member
    Options

This is perfect. I noticed that I already had the file "2bua8c4s2c.com.agilebits.1password.json" in ~/Library/Application Support/Google/Chrome Canary/ - it seems it is from an older version (it was dated August 2017). Replacing it with the one from ~/Library/Application Support/Google/Chrome/NativeMessagingHosts/ resolved the issue.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@MagicDude4Eva - excellent news! On behalf of Jacob, I'm glad this worked for you!

This discussion has been closed.