Running beta alongside version 6 (Mac App Store)?

Options
Vethrfolnir
Vethrfolnir
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Is it better to delete 1Password 6 after installing the beta? Moreover, is it safe to delete version 6, and should all the files associated with version 6 be deleted as well?

I ask because I get two instances of the mini app when launching it...

1Password Version: 7 beta 4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.4
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

I did not delete 1PW 6. I disabled "1PW mini" in settings of 1PW 6.

Afterwards I launched 1PW 7 beta and abled "1PW mini" in settings of 1PW 7 beta.

Using only 1PW 7 beta right now and only ONE "1PW mini" is shown in the menu-bar. (My browser Safari).

• Ben
    Ben
    edited April 2018
    Options

Hi @AustriaXL and @Vethrfolnir

We do not recommend running the two versions side by side on a computer. If you'd like to have access to both from a single physical machine it may be sensible to run a virtual machine for one or the other.

Thanks!

Ben

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben,

I just deleted 1PW 6 from my MacPro. 1PW 7 beta is now "master" and working fine.....

One observation: During start up process of my MacPro the "1PW 7 beta-Icon" in the dock is opening for a short time with the point on the bottom of the icon (seems to want to go "online") and closing again.

Is this a normal behavior?

Regards,
    AustriaXL

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Does this comment from AgileBits help in the context of your latest question?

Stephen

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Stephen_C

Apple says: """"" If you’re an administrator of your Mac, you can use the Login Items pane of Users & Groups System Preferences to select the apps, documents, and server connections that open automatically when you log in to your Mac."""""

1PW 7 beta icon is part of my dock apps. Permanently in sight. I have not added 1PW 7 beta to the apps which should open automatically at log in.... So, 1PW 7 beta is doing something in the background that is strange to me.....

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@AustriaXL I'm merely a forum user like you so I'm afraid I'm going to have to leave the issue for someone more expert from AgileBits: sorry!

Stephen

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Stephen_C

I am an interested "Beta Tester and User" not developer 8-) If this behavior during start up of my Mac is normal, than it is as it is...

• Ben
    Options

Hi @AustriaXL

This is normal an expected. :) Thanks.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.