I chose subscription in beta but want to revert to license due to higher price than indicated

Options
janpeeters
janpeeters
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Hi,

I found the idea to subscribe interesting so I chose subscribe in the latest 7 beta. But going to purchase the price went up from $2,99 (yearly) to $3,62 (yearly). That prices raise was an unpleasant surprise so I'd like to revert back to the license model and upgrade for the beta pricing.

How do I do this without losing my stored information?

Thanks,
Jan

1Password Version: 7.0b5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @janpeeters

$2.99 USD / month is indeed the correct price when subscribing through us directly and paying annually. Do you perhaps live somewhere that requires tax on such a subscription?

Ben

• janpeeters
    janpeeters
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben,

Thanks for getting back to me. I live in The Netherlands. I don't know if that would clarify the added costs?
    How can I cancel this trial and buy a regular beta tester license?
    I'm a single user and don't see much gain from getting a subscription with the added costs.

Thanks, Jan

• Ben
    Options

I suspect the added cost you’re seeing is tax. We don’t / can’t advertise that in the price as we don’t have the information required to calculate that until you enter your billing information. Membership is still the best way to go and will offer a more seamless experience. Membership is likely going to be less expensive than licensing, but if you’d like to do that instructions can be found here:

How to move your data to a standalone vault to use 1Password without an account

They have not been updated for the 1Password 7 beta but I don’t see anything jumping out at me that should be significantly different.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• janpeeters
    janpeeters
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the link. I would think that hopping on board with a Beta testers license is cheaper than getting a subscription because it mostly takes longer than a year for your company to get to a new version number.
    12 * $3,62 = € 43,44. A beta testers upgrade costs I guess $ 39,95. Am I missing something? Why would a subscription be less expensive?

I've reviewed the added functionality and since I'm a single (no family or team needs) user that doesn't need two factor (anyway not in it's current implementation, I think you should be able to set it only for browser access and not in the native app because it's already on password protected devices) I don't see what I would miss or how it can be cheaper? Could you enlighten me?

Thanks, Jan

• Ben
    Options

@janpeeters

You raise some really great questions that I think can be best answered by our sales team. I’d encourage you to have a chat with them before making a final decision. They can be reached at sales@1password.com. Please include a link to this thread with your email when you reach out:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/421226/#Comment_421226

When you do you should get an email back from BitBot that’ll contain a support ID. Please post that ID here so I can expedite the request for you.

Ben

• janpeeters
    janpeeters
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Ben, here is the Support ID number.

VUI-12272-525

• Ben
    Ben
    edited April 2018
    Options

Thanks @janpeeters. I went to see if I could expedite this for you and Greig had already replied. :) Let’s continue the conversation there. Thanks!

Ben

ref: VUI-12272-525

This discussion has been closed.