Browser extension not working in IE [known issue, Microsoft pulled March Windows 7 update rollup]

Options
randyw
randyw
Community Member
edited April 2018 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Both the autofill hotkey and the 1Password mini have stopped working. I have updated to the latest version, restarted the helper, verified the extension is installed, verified the shortcut, and checked the internet options to make sure third-party browser extensions and the 1Password add-ons are enabled. All looks fine. The browser is IE11. Not sure where to go next.

1Password Version: 4.6.2.626
Extension Version: 4.6.2.626
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type:
Referrer: forum-search:mini not working

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi there @randyw,

Thank you for getting in touch!

Does 1Password extension work in other browser, Chrome or Firefox? It sounds like you bumped into the known issue with the latest Windows 7 update from Microsoft, see the discussion of this issue here. Is there a specific reason why you are using Internet Explorer and not other browsers? Please let us know.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
    Greg

• randyw
    randyw
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you Greg. This explains why it stopped working literally overnight. Using a different browser will work fine for me so I will proceed to install one of the other options.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@randyw: I am glad to hear that using other browser is okay for you! Hopefully, Microsoft will release the update that fixes this behaviour in Internet Explorer.

Feel free to contact us anytime, we are always here for you. :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.