Duo for 1Password Teams is out of Beta

wkleem
wkleem
Community Member

Now to go back to Firefox with my 1Password Extension - NoScript - uMatrix - Duo scenario to see if it hold up. Grin. I have been avoiding Firefox and now Quantum is at v59.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@wkleem: Yep! And I've really enjoyed the "new" Firefox. Some kinks to iron out, but it's been getting better and better with each update. :)

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    edited March 2018

I missed the news I guess...

Any updates on offering Duo to Families or Individuals now it's out of beta for Teams?

(to quote Lars from AgileBits on 2FA: "as authentication for the administration of 1password.com services")

• @XIII,

Keep your eyes/ears/tongues on the blog.

Rudy

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited March 2018

Every all good so far and the NoScript - Duo - 1Password Extension ClickJacking issue is gone too. It may have been solved earlier but because I am on Chrome, I never noticed it.

@XIII : Duo is coming to 1Password Apps as well, from Jeff Shiner's email post.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited March 2018

Everything is, not, "Every".

• Glad to hear it :+1: :)

Ben

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    edited March 2018

Keep your eyes/ears/tongues on the blog.

The blog is already in my RSS feed! I'm not sure how often Feedly refreshes it though...

@XIII : Duo is coming to 1Password Apps as well, from Jeff Shiner's email post.

Nice!

What's "Jeff Shiner's email post"?

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited March 2018

Copied from email (Shiner is Agilebits CEO)

Update for Duo users
    Hi WK,

Support for Duo in 1Password is coming out of beta soon. Your (team name) team will continue to use Duo for multi-factor authentication, just like before. There are some important changes you should be aware of.

Duo and your 1Password apps
    Duo now works in your 1Password desktop and mobile apps. Your team members will occasionally be prompted to authenticate with Duo as they use 1Password. You can adjust how often they're prompted by changing your Duo settings.

Learn how to manage your Duo settings.

If you have any questions or feedback about using Duo in 1Password, let us know. You can reply to this email or contact teams@1password.com.

Thank-you,

Jeff

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@XIII: Sorry for the confusion there. We sent out emails to some folks who have been beta testing Duo with 1Password Teams Pro accounts to let them know about some changes there. We don't have anything else to announce at this time, but as Rudy said keep an eye on the blog for anything we announce publicly in the future. :)

• AlwaysSortaCurious
    AlwaysSortaCurious
    Community Member

That might make the internal pitch past our internal security guys that much easier.... ty.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@AlwaysSortaCurious: Glad to hear it, but don't hesitate to reach out either by creating a new discussion or by emailing us at support@1password.com if you have any questions at all. We're happy to help make it easier for you if we can. :chuffed:

• AlwaysSortaCurious
    AlwaysSortaCurious
    Community Member

NP. It was just a corporate non-starter without it. Personally, I prefer 1P and the secret key considering some of the passwords I have seen coworkers use. Sure 2FA helps them out, but once (an optimist ;) ) someone's/anyone's server gets owned, 2FA is 2Little. 2FE, on the other hand, saves the sloppy, lazy, and careful.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited March 2018

Agreed; we’d hate to have a company not use 1Password just because MFA/2SV is on their list of inflexible requirements. While we’re not necessarily going to be able to flex to meet the demands of every company, MFA/2SV is a common enough requirement that we needed to offer something.

It is still worth evaluating what sort of benefit it actually offers to a service like 1Password before enabling it.

Ben

• AlwaysSortaCurious
    AlwaysSortaCurious
    Community Member

lol.... remember, inflexible? That decision was made and is currently inflexible... a password that takes 100 years on someone's GPU kit will take soooo much longer through the web even if you didn't have an IPS. But they like the fact that probably that it keeps employees from easily masquerading as other employees. For a standard App, I get it, but here, eh. Not so much.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

It certainly has its uses, just not a panacea. It can be really useful in conjunction with a solid security model, provided it's not just helping users shoot themselves in the foot. High security suddenly becomes much less appealing to someone who's just locked themselves out, so it's tempting for services who implement multifactor to include an escape hatch...which to an attacker is often no different than a backdoor. Food for thought.

• Hi folks! With the launch of 1Password Business, we've also added two-factor authentication for all types of 1Password accounts. That means you can set it up with a personal account, a family one, or a team one from your profile page.

Turn on two-factor authentication for your 1Password account

If you have some questions, feel free to let us know. Hope you like it. :blush:

This discussion has been closed.