To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

my.1password.com question and Duo 2 factor beta

Options
eke
eke
Community Member

Hello, I'm looking for some clarification on how authentication works for the my.1password.com site. When you say "the Account Key is never transmitted" and "data is encrypted on your device locally", what is done with the Key and master when I use them to access the site from my browser? Or, is the my1.password.com site just a thin client to access my local vault file?

Also is there a way to participate in the Duo 2 factor beta program?

Thank you.

1Password Version: 6.5.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.12.2
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @eke,

Glad to you asked! The client, whether that's 1Password.com or one of the apps, do the decryption locally so the Account Key and Master Password don't need to be sent to the server. Our security white paper goes over the specifics of this in the first 15 pages or so, and I recommend it if you're curious about other aspects of 1Password's security architecture as well.

Also is there a way to participate in the Duo 2 factor beta program?

Duo is available to all 1Password Teams Pro users. If you'd like to use it for yourself, you are welcome to use a team account with just you in it. We may bring it to other account types in the future as well, so I'll let the team know you're interested in that.

ref: B5-2043

• Jacob
    Options

Hey @eke! With the launch of 1Password Business, we've also added two-factor authentication for all types of 1Password accounts. That means you can set it up with a personal account, a family one, or a team one from your profile page.

Turn on two-factor authentication for your 1Password account

If you have some questions, feel free to let us know. Hope you like it. :blush:

This discussion has been closed.