1Password 7 for Windows to support local vaults link

Options
2»

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Aye. 2018 may be time to re-evaluate. Spring cleaning is coming up for me too! :lol:

• ekontrec
    ekontrec
    Community Member
    Options

Can you provide a listing on which devices/OS don't support OPVault to know which combinations fall into the category of not being supported come v7?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ekontrec: If you're running 1Password 3 or earlier, it definitely doesn't support OPVault. But I don't understand your question about "not being supported come v7"; we're not changing what's supported and what isn't. We're just not adding support for legacy formats to the new app.

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options

Ah, understood.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

It doesn't come up often since those 1Password and OS versions are fairly old, but it's definitely important to be aware of for those still using them. :)

• imthenachoman
    imthenachoman
    Community Member
    Options

Woot! I'll finally be able to move from LastPass to 1Password when 7 is out and supports local vaults. :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@imthenachoman: This discussion began with the original announcement back in August, but the public beta began last month. You should check it out. ;)

• imthenachoman
    imthenachoman
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty: I am. I just downloaded it. Been trying to figure out how to use it to create a new local vault after signing in. It looks like after you sign in you can only import existing vaults.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@imthenachoman: That's correct. That's a limitation of the current beta:

Known Issues for 1Password 7 for Windows Beta updates

We'll have that and additional features added as the beta continues. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.