Are there options regarding the sidebar display?

Options
shmcg
shmcg
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I am on 7.0.BETA-5 and was wondering if there were options concerning what is displayed on the sidebar and the order in which the items on the sidebar are displayed. Specifically, I was wondering if the following is possible:

• Is there a way to turn off favorites / prevent it from showing?
  • Is there a way to move the Security Audit back to the bottom of the sidebar?

1Password Version: 7.0.BETA-5
Extension Version: 4.7.0.90 (Firefox)
OS Version: macOS 10.12.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @shmcg!

Is there a way to turn off favorites / prevent it from showing?

No. If the concept of Favorites isn't something you'll use or you just don't like, the best way currently would be to not favorite anything, then nothing will show up there.

Is there a way to move the Security Audit back to the bottom of the sidebar?

Not currently, no.

• shmcg
    shmcg
    Community Member
    Options

@Lars I already have favorites empty. Was hoping to hide the selection entirely. A couple of basic customizations on the sidebar would be a welcome addition. Anyway, thanks for the information and have a good week!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@shmcg - I'll mention it to our developers, but I'm skeptical this one will see the light of day. It's a feature we just don't get requests for very often, and the potential for some users to inadvertently hide something (or hide it intentionally and then forget they did so) may make this one a non-starter. The more options, switches, buttons, features we add to 1Password, the more complicated it becomes for users and the more opportunities there are for things to go wrong - often in unexpected ways. Thanks for reporting, and have a great week yourself!

• ottonomy
    ottonomy
    Community Member
    Options

This is disappointing. Persistent unwanted sidebar items which push wanted items out of view are a constant source of user irritation in any app. As a beta tester of many products on many platforms, this is one of the first things I point out. When a developer decides to allow removal/relocation of said unwanted items, the sighs of relief from the community are palpable.

If you are concerned with users inadvertently hiding items and being unable to retrieve them, I would beg you to at least let us choose the order of all sidebar items, so we can push the things we don't want to the bottom (I'm not a fan of the current position of Security Audit either).

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for weighing in @ottonomy - I'll mention it to our development team. :)

This discussion has been closed.