1Password 7 Beta Issues - very minor though

Options
1Douglas
1Douglas
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Hello.

Love the look and feel of the new app, though a few minor issues pop up that were not happening with 1Password 6.

Do we report these issues somewhere or do they get ironed out by staff over time as they use the new Beta?

Cheers,
Douglas

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: latest
OS Version: latest
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

@1Douglas

Provided you don't reveal anything private, like through screen shots feel free to report issues here.

Its helpful if you can find a relevant topic but its not always possible. If it gets through and inadvertently end up in the wrong place, someone will move it to the proper location.

• 1Douglas
    1Douglas
    Community Member
    Options
    1. When I restart my mac or update my OS, I may get 2 1Password mini's running simultaneously.
    2. Sometimes, after opening 1Password 7; when I attempt to fill login credentials via right clicking and choosing 1Password, it makes me again sign in with my master password even though the Mac app and 1Password mini are already open.
    3. Occasionally, 1Password 7 will not respond and must be 'force quit'.
    4. I cannot find small lock icon in version 7 desk top app to quickly lock app. Must use drop down menu in top left corner of monitor.
    5. I use a 2k, 32 inch monitor and some of the text in version 7 of the mac app, can be quite tiny to see, whilst version 6 had well sized text.
    6. 1Password 7 occasionally crashes after entering my master password.
    7. I randomly get either a light grey version or a black version after clicking the Firefox 1Password extension (they are slightly aesthetically different).
    8. And finally, I noticed I still have version 6 in my Applications folder. Could both be running simultaneously in the background, even with version 6 closed (not open in Dock)?

Cheers,
    Douglas

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited April 2018
    Options

First off I just want to point out you will get replies form other users and or moderators such as myself. The staff have an orange banner and a page that indicates them as such.

Re

(1). Had this happen when both 1Password6 and 1Password 7 were installed on the same machine. It will also happen even if one is in applications and another in an attached drive such as my storage drive. See # 8

(4). Was removed, I inquired about this myself. Must use the dropdown menu or memorize the keyboard shortcut.

(7). I suspect you have multiple versions of the extension installed. But this is best answered by the staff as I only use Safari and the extension for 1Password7 is bundled within the app.

(8). Yes its best to remove the 1Password 6 version, and empty the trash. The reboot for good measure. Once rebooted you should have 1 copy of the mini running. If not you likely have it in another place like a backup folder etc.

I’ll leave the others to the staff as they may have more detailed info and even on the subjects, I touched on. I am just a passionate user like you. :)

• Jacob
    edited April 2018
    Options

Hi @1Douglas! I'm going to answer the questions thightower didn't above, since his answers for those were correct and we don't need to go through that again. ;)

Sometimes, after opening 1Password 7; when I attempt to fill login credentials via right clicking and choosing 1Password, it makes me again sign in with my master password even though the Mac app and 1Password mini are already open.

That is likely happening because the auto-lock settings are locking 1Password. If that's not the case, it could be due to having 1Password 6 and 7 installed at the same time. Remove 1Password 6 to stop these kinds of issues from happening.

Occasionally, 1Password 7 will not respond and must be 'force quit'.

This also might be due to 1Password 6 being installed. If it happens once you remove that copy, let us know and we can investigate.

I use a 2k, 32 inch monitor and some of the text in version 7 of the mac app, can be quite tiny to see, whilst version 6 had well sized text.

Could you post some screenshots of the areas you're looking for bigger text? :) It might be due to the resolution of your display, since I have a 21-inch 4K monitor set to 2304 x 1296 and 1Password looks okay on it:

1Password 7 occasionally crashes after entering my master password.

This also might be due to having multiple versions installed, so if it keeps happening once you remove 1Password 6, let us know! :)

• 1Douglas
    1Douglas
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks guys.

What is the best way to remove 1Password version 6? I am not a techy and thus do not want to accidentally erase parts or all of version 7.
    Should I just drag and drop into the trash from my Applications folder or use 'AppCleaner', thereby making sure all possible files are gone?

Cheers,
    Douglas

• Ben
    Options

Hi @1Douglas

Should I just drag and drop into the trash from my Applications folder

Yes -- Drag to trash, reboot, empty trash.

or use 'AppCleaner', thereby making sure all possible files are gone?

No, we do not recommend ever using any sort of "cleaner" utilities on 1Password. :) I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• 1Douglas
    1Douglas
    Community Member
    Options

Hi.

Does reboot mean 'restart' in the mac drop down menu?

Correct steps to follow:
    1. Drag to trash
    2. Restart macbook
    3. Empty trash

Thanks again!

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited April 2018
    Options

@1Douglas

Reboot in this case means to restart the Mac.

(Menubar)  menu, Restart....

I personally do it this way ↓ . But I’ll defer the Bens post since he's staff. ;)

Drag application to trash,
    Empty Trash
    Restart (aka Reboot)

• Jacob
    Options

@1Douglas Indeed, reboot means restart your Mac by clicking  > Restart. :sunglasses:

• 1Douglas
    1Douglas
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks guys!

• Ben
    Options

:+1: :)

Ben

• 1Douglas
    1Douglas
    Community Member
    Options

Removing version 6 seems to have resolved my issues thus far.

Thanks everyone.

• Jacob
    Options

You bet mate! :)

This discussion has been closed.