URL's not correctly identifying the site i'm on

For a particular login, I have 2 URLs listed with the login information. The application / plug-in only recognizes the first URL in the URL list for that login, not subsequent URLs for the same site. For example, I have 2 ways to access TD Ameritrade 1)www.tdameritrade.com or 2) invest.ameritrade.com both sites use the same URL but your application doesn't care that I have multiple URLs tied to one account, it only reads picks up the first url in the list.

1Password Version: 4.6.2.626
Extension Version: 4.7.0.90
OS Version: Windows 10, 10.0.16299 Build 16299
Sync Type: WLAN Sync
Referrer: forum-search:URL

Comments

• @erased94: I've tried setting up a Login item with two wholly unrelated URLs and am having no trouble getting the item to show up on both sites. Could you share some additional detail about the exact trouble you're having here? Are you not seeing this Login item in the extension on the second site? Unable to fill it with the keyboard shortcut? Not able to see the second URL in the main app? My best guess at the moment is that the second URL wasn't properly added to the Login item, but this additional detail will help us better track down the source of your problem. Thanks! :chuffed:

• erased94
    erased94
    Community Member

hi that's correct, when I am on the 2nd URL that is a part of that login that I created, the extension simply states "search" instead of providing the credentials associated with the site.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @erased94,

Does your Login item for Ameritrade look similar? Does it have two URLs?

Thanks!

• erased94
    erased94
    Community Member

That's correct, it looks like this (see below)

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @erased94,

Could you please try to replace your second URL with https://invest.ameritrade.com/grid/p/login and check if the issue remains after that?

Thank you! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

• erased94
    erased94
    Community Member

Hi Greg, unfortunately, your solution did not work. I still only see "Search" in the plug-in within the Chrome browser.

• @erased94: If you manually create a second Login item for that second page in your browser, does that newly created item show in mini when you visit the second URL? I'm not by any means suggesting this as a permanent solution at this point, I'm just wondering what URL the extension saves when you manually save a Login on that specific page. It's at least possible that the extension is reading a different URL than what you see in your address bar, which could explain the trouble you're having. If it is reading a different URL, you could replace your existing second URL with the one it saves in this new item and give that a try to see if it corrects the problem.

Give it a go, if you could, let us know what you find out. Thanks! :chuffed:

• bkh
    bkh
    Community Member

@erased94 Please excuse me if this reminder is out of place, but do you have the checkmark in Preferences > Logins > Enable multiple URLs?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@bkh: Good call! :) :+1:

• erased94
    erased94
    Community Member
    edited April 2018

Interesting setting, this is what mine looked like prior to the suggestion...and wouldn't you know it... I checked the box and viola! it's working!

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@erased94: Great news! I am glad to hear that it did it for you (thanks bkh!). :chuffed:

Let us know if there is anything else we can help you with. Thank you!

++
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.