Is "Fill Login" shortcut disabled when 1P X is installed?

Options

I'm trying 1Password X for the first time and it seems that I must move/copy my passwords from my Primary vault on the 1P desktop app to my Personal vault in order to have access to them from 1PX. In the meantime, with 1P X already installed (and I'm logged in), since I don't have passwords in my Personal vault yet, I'm trying to invoke passwords using the "Fill Login on current web page" keyboard shortcut from the desktop app. However, nothing happens when I type the shortcut. I tried quitting and reopening the 1P desktop app and also restarting my MacBook Pro, but the keyboard shortcut still does not work. Is the keyboard shortcut disabled when 1Password X is installed? Thanks!!!

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: 1.6.0
OS Version: 10.13.4
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• blaxxz
    blaxxz
    Community Member
    Options

You need for the Desktop Client a specific extension in the Browser to work.

1Password X is a stand-alone program.

Hope i could help you.

• dteare
    Options

Hello, @gkgriffith! 👋

I hope @blaxxz was able to clear up the confusion but I thought I'd pop in just to be sure. 1Password X is only compatible with your 1Password account and does not work with standalone vaults (i.e. vaults that you sync yourself using Dropbox, iCloud, or WLAN Sync).

You'll want to move your items from your standalone vault into your new 1Password account.

I hope that helps. Please let me know and I'll be happy to help more if needed. 🙂

++dave;

This discussion has been closed.