Use 1Password without a Master Password? [No; not possible]

1pwunkb
1pwunkb
Community Member
edited April 2018 in iOS

I’m sure I’m one of your few, if any, customers that want to know if there is a way to set up the app so that I NEVER have to enter a password. I don’t really care about the password feature; I just want the ability to fill in sites that require passwords (without having to enter 1password’s password EVERY TIME I need to fill in the site’s password!). Thanks, Keith

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Use with no password

Comments

• Hi @1pwunkb,

Sorry but no, this is not possible. A Master Password is required, as that is what we have to use to encrypt your data. You can enable Touch ID, so that in most cases you can unlock 1Password without entering the Master Password, but even then you would still need to remember the Master Password as it would be required in some cases.

Ben

• 1pwunkb
    1pwunkb
    Community Member

So if I use 1pw 15 times a day, I have to enter my master password 15 times a day (if I don't have Touch ID)?

• prime
    prime
    Community Member
    edited April 2018

@1pwunkb

So if I use 1pw 15 times a day, I have to enter my master password 15 times a day (if I don't have Touch ID)?

Nope, depending what iPhone (or iOS device) you can use Touch ID, Face ID (iPhone X), or a 4 digit PIN for quick access (if you don’t have Touch ID or Face ID).

You can also set up 1Password to not lock after a certain amount of time as well (1 hour, or whatever).

Most websites will keep you logged in anyways unless your browsing privately. I do this with Facebook, I don’t have the app on my phone.

• 1pwunkb
    1pwunkb
    Community Member

Thanks!

• :+1: :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.