Feature request: view or search vaults and data by account

skippingrock
skippingrock
Community Member
edited March 2018 in iOS

Hello, sorry for my absence of late… been super busy with a new gig.

Anyway, at this new gig, they use 1Password Teams, which is great.

But now, I have my own private Dropbox managed vaults, my 1Password Family account and all of it’s vaults, and now my new work’s 1Password Teams account and all of it’s vaults.

I’ve asked this before, but now I’m really needing this.
Please can we have a vault selector that aggregates all the vaults from a single Team or Family account? My new team account has so many vaults and I’m having to search a lot. I don’t know which vault they are in so I need to use the master All Vaults aggregator. But then when I search I get all of my personal and family results mixed in with my search results. When at work and searching with team members nearby, I don’t really want them to be seeing results from my personal and family vaults, plus any other teams that I might be on.

My only alternative is to go individually into each vault on the Team and do my search on each one until I find what I need. It kinda defeats the purpose of having multiple vaults because of the frustration of having to have either all of your personal (and other Team) stuff come up in results or searching each one.

Of course this request is not limited to iOS, but also to Mac and Windows (and Android) clients as well.

Please help me keep my stuff segregated when I need it.

Sincerely, @skippingrock .

1Password Version: 7.0.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 11
Sync Type: Dropbox/1Password Families/1Password Teams

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2018

@skippingrock: I actually organize things into vaults very intentionally and use All Vaults with exclusions so that, when I am looking for something not in my All Vaults view, I only have to select the appropriate vault for it. But I agree that it would be nice to be able to switch contexts to only one account at a time. I think it's probably something we'll be able to support eventually, but currently there's a lot of other stuff we're focused on. Thank you for bringing this up again though, because it's a great idea! :)

P.S: The new Windows app already supports this. ;)

ref: OPI-4439

• skippingrock
    skippingrock
    Community Member

@brenty it would probably be a good to have a tech tip on how to do these things. But yes, I still want to have the “All [particular team/family] vaults” instead. The spot for it in the interface is already there. You just have to have the title of the Team/Family account grouping selectable.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@skippingrock: I'm actually really glad you followed up with me here again. As you've probably noticed, we've been pretty busy lately, what with 1Password for Mac version 7 being released as a public beta last week. Given that, it's probably unlikely that a feature like this will make it into 7.0.x on either Apple platform. But it's something we can look at again and explore a bit more what might be the best way to do this on Apple platforms...and we've got a new place we're tracking cross-platform Apple issues, so I'm happy to bring it up there to give it a fresh look so that we can perhaps begin laying the groundwork along with other changes we're making to vault management. Cheers! :)

ref: apple-425

• skippingrock
    skippingrock
    Community Member

I wish you could thumbs up a message instead of a …

And there is no Thumbs up emoticon.

So don’t know if you’ll get this… 👍

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2018

@skippingrock: Ten-four! :chuffed: :+1:

The forum software has it's own emoticons, but Unicode emoji support has recently been added as well. Cheers! 😊👍

This discussion has been closed.