Family License 6 with 2 active accounts sync via individual Dropbox + 2x iOS (Pro) - how to merge?

axel_luedecke
axel_luedecke
Community Member

Family with 2 seperate Mac 1PW6 (old style Family License) accounts. Syncing each to his/her iOS (Pro) iPad & iPhone. Plus one more Window License. All syncs via Dropbox, but also via 2 individual Dropbox accounts (so currently its truly seperated) :-)
Wants to know:
1. How can I best merge the described setup with new 1PW7 Family subscription?
perferring a Step-by-step guide from initial purchase, next to setup 1st Mac (mine), enable sync, setup 2nd Mac (my wifes), enable sync, setup iOS devices with Sync, finally how to get Windows version upgraded and the corresponding setup and sync.
2. Does the new 1PW7 Family account continue as seperate accounts as described above?
3. After the merge do I have one master vault or do I continue with 2 individual vaults - as describes above?
4. What about the syncing? continue with 2 individual dropbox accounts? or does it all go via one Dropbox account?
5. With 1PW7 Family I like to share a few of my logins from my vault to my wife and she wants to share a few logins of her vault to me. Would that be possible with new 1PW7 Family subscription? Or does the logins have to be in one (the same) vault?
6. What about iOS (Pro) version? Just update?
7. What about Windows (currently 4.x) version? Just update and install and direct to Dropbox sync? done?
8. What about the Browser extensions? Both we are using Firefox and Safari on Mac. I also use Chrome on the Window system. Again, just updating and I am fine?

Sorry for all the question but I am quite comfortable with the old licensing model, now the subscription seem to give me (hopefully) more flexibility but also seem to add some more complexity to an existing setup.

kind regards
-Axel-

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: 4.7.0
OS Version: macOS 10.12.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@axel_luedecke: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! In fact, a 1Password Families membership removes that complexity — both for you and your loved ones. Each of the family members you invite will have access to all of the apps, the web interface, and not have to deal with license management or sync configuration at all — you each simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data. You can try it for free for 30 days to take advantage of all of its benefits. Dropbox isn't involved at all, and 1Password.com makes it easy to securely share vaults with your loved ones.

Just to clarify, with licenses, no one would have had an account. Those are new, part of 1Password.com memberships. Each person will have their own account credentials (including a Master Password of their choosing), a Personal/Private vault which only they can access, and access to any vaults you share with them. As far as getting setup, I'd encourage you to do it yourself first to get a feel for it. This guide will walk you through migrating your existing data to an account:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

That will get you started, but be sure to let me know if you have any other question along the way. Happy to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.