Licensing both Win and Mac v7

mnadig
mnadig
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I've got standalone licenses for Mac (v6) & Windows (v4) and am not currently on the subscription, using standalone vaults and dropbox. I plan on beta testing both in v7. Once the beta is over, will I need to pay $39 twice, once for Windows and once for Mac? Thanks!

BTW, really appreciate the update. <3 it so far.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mnadig,

Thank you for getting in touch!

Standalone licenses for 1Password 7 for Mac and 1Password 7 for Windows will be sold separately. I would recommend you to take a closer look at 1Password account, as it is much more convenient and you will get a lot of benefits in addition to 1Password apps for all platforms (including all future updates).

Please let me know if you have any additional questions, we will be happy to help. Thank you! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

• arni
    arni
    Community Member

Welcome to buy a Windows 1password license.
    And if you still can not start with a new safe after the start, I can only choose to login to 1password.com or trial which also runs the version 1password.com

• MikeT
    edited April 2018

Hi @arni,

Thanks for writing in.

1Password 7 is still early in its beta stage of development, a lot of areas will be improving.

In this case, 1Password 7 Beta 1 does not support creating a new vault but opening existing ones only. Once we add this in Beta 2, it'll be updated on the welcome tour.

• arni
    arni
    Community Member

Thank you for the information I have a question, is it going to be downloaded and if so, it's like a treasure from my version of 1password on mac and ios which synchronize

• Hi @arni,

is it going to be downloaded and if so, it's like a treasure from my version of 1password on mac and ios which synchronize

I'm sorry but I do not understand the question.

If you have automatic update enabled (which it is by default), 1Password 7 will automatically update to future beta updates for you, yes.

if so, it's like a treasure from my version of 1password on mac and ios which synchronize

If you're using Dropbox or your own folder sync tool, yes, 1Password 7 will sync with all 1Password apps that uses the OPVault format.

This discussion has been closed.