1Password 7 beta 4 - Software License key not copyable

Options
extensioncord
extensioncord
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

There is no Copy button next to the license key in Software License items. Also, if you select the license key text, Command-C does not copy. Right-click-Copy or editing the item and selecting the text then Command-C does copy.

1Password Version: 7.0 beta 4
Extension Version: 7.0 beta 4
OS Version: 10.3.3
Sync Type: Dropbox + many Teams accounts

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

Sometimes I saw this behavior in 6 as well. :(

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

I suspect this may be part of the bug reported (and acknowledged) in this thread.

Stephen

• shmcg
    shmcg
    Community Member
    Options

Glad I searched the forums. I signed up for an account to report this issue too.

• Jacob
    Options

Hey @extensioncord and @thightower! Did what Stephen posted help explain things? If so, I'll forward your reports to the team. :)

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

@Jaob

I reported it (maybe not the first report) during an email exchange Rick while on another bug hunt, so I knew it was being worked on. Just passing on I had seen the issue before. All good from my end.

• Jacob
    Options

Coolio! :+1:

• ralfstch
    ralfstch
    Community Member
    Options

After having upgraded to 1Password 7 since Beta 4-7 I noticed that in the category software licenses, you can't any longer hover with the mouse over the license number field and get the menu for copying. So you have everytime to edit the entry and copy the the content of the field with the danger to change it by accident and then to cancel editing. In view mode copying the number is not possible.

So we need this fixed to work again like in 1P6 and like in the category Logins

Thanks a lot for your efforts

ciao Ralf

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

See also this thread.

Stephen

• Ben
    Options

Merged. Thanks. :)

Ben

• thatguymc
    thatguymc
    Community Member
    Options

This issue still exists in Version 7.0 beta 6

• Thanks all. We're tracking this in our bug tracker and will hopefully be resolving it before 7.0 stable.

This discussion has been closed.