zip file won't upload on website with Chrome

I get an error message whenever i try to upload a large (17MB) zip file, the message is "unable to upload file"

I have uploaded this file before without issue, I can download it and make changes then can't upload the new version

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.0.6
OS Version: Chrome 64.0.3282.190
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:upload document

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@bergersride: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the trouble! Is that all the error says? I'm able to reproduce that here with the current version of Chrome (I encourage you to update) and Safari using a few different files. Thank you for reporting this. We'll figure out what's going on and get it fixed!

ref: b5-4060

• bergersride
    bergersride
    Community Member

This still is not working, any update? I'm unable to upload any files over 20MB (original post should have said 27MB, not 17MB).

Attached is a screenshot of the actual error - archive(3).zip is 19.4MB and uploads fine, archive(4).zip is 20.1MB and fails to upload

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@bergersride: Thanks. That matches my experience as well. This isn't a short-term fix. We'll have to make some changes on the server, and there's other work that needs to be finished first. I'm sorry I don't have better news for you right now, but it's on our list.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@bergersride: Actually, in the new update we pushed to the server today, we’ve made some changes that might help. Please give it a try and let me know if it’s working better for you now. :)

• bergersride
    bergersride
    Community Member

Thanks, this is now working. What is the upper limit on uploads?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@bergersride: There technically isn't one. At this point it will only be gated by the storage available in your account and your internet connections upload speed. We've adjusted it so it shouldn't time out as quickly, but it will still if the file is large and/or your connection isn't fast enough. Thanks for letting me know that helped! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.