Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Been using 1Password 7 for a few days now. Here are my first impressions

Like: (a

(a) Overall look and feel
(b) See large passwords without using the IOS app

Dislike: (a) Reduced number of configuration options

(b) Having to click on star to get favorites in Browser extension

Neutral: (c) 1Password mini (don't see any use for it)

Bugs: (a) Sometimes filling in a web form gives multiple choices when it just did the right one before

Filling in a form on a local app  doesn't work. In my case this is the password to open the vault in Quicken. 1Password shows that the entry for this was transferred correctly

non Starter: WLAN Sync is gone.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• stringent
    stringent
    Community Member
    Options

I just loaded it up onto my Windows Machine.

I feel happy. Great job so far team.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@stringent: Thanks for the kind words! We're enjoying this too, and appreciate you participating in the beta. :chuffed:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Turbo53: Thank you for your feedback here! Glad to hear what you like, but I'm also interested to hear more about what you'd like us to do to get rid of some of those dislikes. ;)

Like:
    (a) Overall look and feel
    (b) See large passwords without using the IOS app

I'm really enjoying those aspects of 1Password 7 myself, and we've got even more design improvements coming. :sunglasses:

Dislike: (a) Reduced number of configuration options

Is there a specific option that you wish you had? It would be really helpful to know that, and how it fits into your workflow. Let us know!

(b) Having to click on star to get favorites in Browser extension

You can also switch between sections using the keyboard, but let us know if you have another option in mind.

Neutral: (c) 1Password mini (don't see any use for it)

Very handy for grabbing (and even using) information in 1Password without having to open the main app window, such as looking up the account number for your bank, etc. Also, see below.

Bugs: (a) Sometimes filling in a web form gives multiple choices when it just did the right one before

Indeed, that's a known issue where 1Password mini shows you logins after first unlocking rather than immediately filling. We'll be addressing that in an update, but for now if you try Ctrl \ again that should work for you.

Filling in a form on a local app doesn't work. In my case this is the password to open the vault in Quicken. 1Password shows that the entry for this was transferred correctly

Indeed, unlike web browsers, 3rd party apps like Quicken don't offer any way for 1Password (or anything else) to integrate with them on Windows. But you may be able to fill by right-click theing login in 1Password mini (Ctrl Alt \ to open mini) using the "Type in window" option. We're also exploring ways to make this more powerful as well.

non Starter: WLAN Sync is gone.

Regarding WLAN Server, we'd love it if you'd participate in the discussion here so we can get a better sense of why this is important to you:

On WLAN Sync in 1Password 7

And also sign up for the WLAN newsletter so you'll be notified if and when we have news for you in this front.

Thanks again for taking the time to check out 1Password 7 and leave us this feedback! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.