Switching from IOS to Android - help?

funkaholik
funkaholik
Community Member

Hi. I have been using 1Password on my Mac and iPhone6, and using icloud to sync with no issues. I've decided to upgrade the iPhone to a Samsung Galaxy S9. I have loaded 1Password on it and signed in to my account, but I can only access the 'personal' vault (2 items) and not the primary vault (100+ items). How do I access everything? Also, I won't be able to use icloud to sync anymore. I've tried using wlan and dropbox but can't get either to work.

Help...

1Password Version: 6.7 (Mac)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.11.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @funkaholik. With 1Password accounts, which you just signed up for from your new Android, your data is stored in our servers and syncs automatically. This means it's not syncing with iCloud or data on any other servers. That said, iCloud isn't supported on the Android OS, so you'll need to migrate your data from iCloud to Dropbox or your new 1Password account to sync to Android.

Do you still have access to the iPhone and Mac?

• funkaholik
    funkaholik
    Community Member

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I still have access to the mac and old iphone. How do I migrate it to my 1Password account. Rather not get dropbox involved unless its necessary. Keep it simple...

• Thanks @funkaholik! In that case, follow the steps here to migrate to a 1Password account: https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/

Let us know if you need anything else!

• funkaholik
    funkaholik
    Community Member

OK. So what I have found is that the "personal" vault is syncing from the mac to the android phone. I created a new login on the mac in "personal" and it appeared on the phone the next time I opened 1Password. But, I still can't get the "primary" vault to sync, and that is where all my logins are. What am I missing? Thanks.

• funkaholik
    funkaholik
    Community Member
    edited April 2018

The "personal" vault is syncing just fine, but the "primary" is where all my logins are and it won't show up on the phone. What am I doing wrong?

I guess I could move my 111 logins from "personal" to "primary" but that seems like a workaround and not actually getting it to work like it should.

• @funkaholik The Personal vault is connected to your account and will sync automatically. The Primary vault is your old standalone vault, and isn't connected to the account. That vault requires you to manually sync it using Dropbox, which you mentioned wanting to avoid. In this case, you need to move the data from Primary to Personal, so it syncs automatically. Did you see the option to move the data when you signed in from your Mac?

If not, follow these steps to move the data from your Mac: https://support.1password.com/move-share-items/

This discussion has been closed.