Backup creations fails

Options

Hello,
I have a brand new PC with Windows 10. 1Password is freshly installed (v 4.6.2.626). The password vault is stored on DropBox.
However, the automatic creation of password backups fails. The Error message which gets displayed in the Windows message center is (in german): "1Password konnte ihr Backup nicht erstellen". "Es könnte ein Problem mit den Zugrif". There ist no more text to be seen.
The backup directory is located at "%user_home%\Dokumente\1Password\Backup". This directory is also set in 1Password options. I have full access to this directory when I have a look at it usind the file preference pane/security using Windows Explorer, so I think that the problem is not access related. I have tried to move the backup directory to my second hard drive and are encountering the same error.
When I create a backup manually (using the menu entry "Sicherung -> 1Password-Tresor sichern...") the backup gets created without any problems!
Do you have any ideas? This error is very annoying, because it gets displayed every time after rebooting and/or waking up from hibernation mode.
Thank you very much in advance for any helpful replies!
Greetings from Germany and kind regards,
Lothar Schaberg

1Password Version: 4.6.2.626
Extension Version: 4.7.0.90
OS Version: Windows 10 Home
Sync Type: DropBox
Referrer: forum-search:backup

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @Lothar Schaberg

Thank you for getting in touch!

If you are an admin on this computer and have all the necessary permissions, there might be something going wrong on a system level. Have you tried to completely reinstall 1Password 4 for Windows on this PC? I know it sounds obvious, but please try to do the following, if you haven't:

1) Uninstall 1Password 4 (it will not affect your vault stored in Dropbox).
    2) Reboot your PC.
    3) Download 1Password 4 from our website.
    4) Reboot your PC once again.
    5) Launch 1Password and check if the issue remain.

Thanks in advance! :+1:

++
    Greg

• Lothar Schaberg
    Lothar Schaberg
    Community Member
    Options

Hello Greg,

thank you very much for your reply. The suggestion you made led me to the right way. After all, when facing a brand new PC with a fresh install of 1Password, It was not obvious to me to try the uninstall/install procedure. But everything is fine now and I am a lucky 1Password user again. Thanks again for your kind help, and all good wishes to you!
    Lothar Schaberg

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Lothar Schaberg,

I am glad to hear that it helped! :chuffed: :+1: Please feel free to contact us anytime in the future, we are always here for you.

Have a great Sunday!

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.