Select default vault

Options

Hey everyone

I have just started using 1Password X and I am interested in learning if this version supports setting the default vault when saving logins. Unfortunately I couldn't find anything searching the forums, so it would be appreciated if anyone knew the answer, and in case there is no way, if there is already a feature request for this.

Thank you

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:default vault

Comments

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey, @gmichels!

Welcome to our forum! We are delighted to have you with us and hear you're trying out 1Password X! 😁

We don't currently have a configurable option to specify the default vault for saving, but you can rest assured it's on our list of improvements we plan to bring to 1Password X. I've added your post to our issue tracker to let the rest of my team know this is important to you. Surprisingly you're only the second person I've seen to request this setting, but it's one I'd like to use as well.

I greatly appreciate the feedback and hope you have a great weekend! ☀️👍

&drew

ref: b5x-122

• xaprb
    xaprb
    Community Member
    Options

Is there a way to select the default vault for saving new items in 1Password for iOS? I can't find one in the settings, and I think I remember such a setting previously. Searching your documentation, and this forum, for 'default vault new password' doesn't seem to yield a relevant answer. I'm using 1Password version 7.0.6 on my iPhone.

• dteare
    Options

@xaprb: not on iOS, no. Being able to configure the default vault is a Mac and Windows feature. The browser extension works much differently on iOS and we recommend creating items directly within the app.

• Sylvr
    Sylvr
    Community Member
    Options

Here's another vote for the ability to set the default vault for saving in 1Password X - that would be great!

• Mitch
    Options

Thanks for the vote, @Sylvr. Default vault choice is something we're aware people want and your feedback helps us prioritize it.

• niaccarino
    niaccarino
    Community Member
    edited May 2019
    Options

I also would love to be able to set a default Vault. I think my default Vault is "Personal" and I want to automatically be able to share everything I create with my wife in the event of an emergency by saving them in a vault that she has access to.

Update scrap this. I have found the option in both Android and MacOS :)

• blaxxz
    blaxxz
    Community Member
    Options

I also wish this feature for a long time.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @niaccarino! Thanks to you and @blaxxz for the feedback. :) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.