1Password X and Mac app 7 not syncing?

Options

When i add a new login in 1Password X it does not update in 1Passwrd 7 mac app?

Also when adding a new login in X why does it not let me add tags ? or even chnge name? i have to open up 1Password X to edit it. the mac up for 1Password 6 allows that

thx

1Password Version: X
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13,4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• dteare
    edited April 2018
    Options

Welcome to the forums, @comnexis! These are some great questions. Please allow me to answer them in turn.

When i add a new login in 1Password X it does not update in 1Passwrd 7 mac app?

This is likely a case of you having different vaults in your Mac app. 1Password X works exclusively with your 1Password account so you'll want to add the same account to your Mac. You'll also want to move your items from your old standalone vaults (i.e. the ones you synced yourself using Dropbox, iCloud, or WLAN Sync) into your new 1Password account.

when adding a new login in X why does it not let me add tags ?

This is something I'd like to add some day. There are a few reasons why they are not there yet but the short version of the story is tags are a feature I would like to see us add to the Save Login window in a future release of 1Password X.

or even chnge name?

You should be able to change the name when saving a new Login. It will look something like this:

My guess is you were seeing the Update Login window:

In this case we assume you've already named things the way you'd like so we use the opportunity to show a dropdown list of all your Logins instead.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if this is not what you're seeing and I'll be happy to help.

• comnexis
    comnexis
    Community Member
    Options

Thx , regarding the vault def using same vault, in fact its seeing everything but the new logins i add, any ideas?

Also the chrome extension, that for 7 or X or both? or do i only keep X and no chrome extention?

new issue, it always locks even when i set it to auto lock 480 min

thx!

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @comnexis,

Are you adding new the Login Items using 1Password X (in Chrome) or in 1Password for Mac 7 (the native 1Password app)?

1Password X is a replacement for the 1Password browser extension on Chrome, and I highly recommend you only use one of them. However, if you like using 1Password X, it can smoothly run alongside 1Password 7 on your Mac.

As for your locking issue, I'm pretty sure you're running into a bug that I've fixed in our beta channel. You should see this resolved in our next version of 1Password X, but if you'd prefer you can install our beta from here.

&drew

• comnexis
    comnexis
    Community Member
    Options

Thank drew! im adding login in X, and only have the x extension in chrome, but because i cant add tags etc when saving a new login like the like the native mac 7 does i sometimes open that up, but not from chrome extention as I deleted that... will yu be adding tags soon you think in the pop up when saving a login?

• dteare
    Options

Adding tags to the Save Login window is certainly something I want to add in the future. It's something I've already been talking with @danvpeterson (our lead designer) about.

In the meantime you can add tags without relying on the Mac app if that's what you prefer: after saving a new login you will get a notification that the login was saved. Click that notification and you'll enter edit mode for that item and you'll be able to add tags from there.

This discussion has been closed.