To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Am I on the European server?

DaveA
DaveA
Community Member

I live in the Netherlands and just signed up for an individual account. How can I see whether my account is on the European server?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:European server

Comments

• blaxxz
    blaxxz
    Community Member

Look in your Emergency Kit. Under SIGN-IN ADDRESS you can see it.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2018

@blaxxz: Yep! Thanks! :) :+1:

@DaveA: Indeed, 1Password.eu is located in Germany, so if that's where your sign in address resides, you're good to go. Cheers! :)

• DaveA
    DaveA
    Community Member

Hmm, my sign-in address is https://my.1password.com, so not the EU server. How can I change this?

• blaxxz
    blaxxz
    Community Member
    edited April 2018

You must create a new Account on 1password.eu.

Put the EU Account also in the App. So you can transfer your Vault to this.

Contact support@1password.com because of your subscription. They will help you with that.

However, I just do not understand why you can not select this when creating the account.

• DaveA
    DaveA
    Community Member

Thanks Blaxxz. The sign up dialogue is smart enough to charge me European tax but not to give me a choice of data location.

• blaxxz
    blaxxz
    Community Member

Yes.

Did you get it now?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@DaveA: The sign up process is complete before you setup payment, so there isn't a way for that to work; you already have an account on a specific server at that point — 1Password.com, 1Password.ca, or 1Password.eu — and those are all completely separate. You're free to choose whichever you prefer, but when you're at one of them it also isn't going to try to send you to a different one. That could cause more problems than it would solve. It's a personal choice. You can probably relate if you turn it around: should 1Password.eu force you to go to 1Password.ca if it thinks you're in Canada (for example, maybe you're using a VPN)? After all, you've chosen to go there explicitly. I think it should respect that. And, to be clear, you're only assessed tax because 1) you've already signed up for an account on the server you chose, 2) you entered your billing information; that's the only way it knows what it should charge you.

If you want to move to 1Password.eu, once you setup your account, just sign into both accounts in the app so you can move items from your vault in one account to the other. Then you can delete the original account from your Profile page on the website. And if you need any help at all, as blaxxz, mentioned, just reach out to us at support@1password.com and we'll be happy to assist. Cheers! :)

• DaveA
    DaveA
    Community Member

@brenty I think it should be an obvious choice for a new person who is signing up, which stage is less important so if, for technical reasons, it has to be right up front so be it.

I have now set up a new account on .EU and deleted the other. As there was nothing in .COM there was no difficulty moving it!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I think it should be an obvious choice for a new person who is signing up, which stage is less important so if, for technical reasons, it has to be right up front so be it.

Indeed, it's not something most people care about, and it would an additional step and more opportunity for confusion, but we'll continue to evaluate.

I have now set up a new account on .EU and deleted the other. As there was nothing in .COM there was no difficulty moving it!

Thanks for the update! Glad to hear you're all set there. :)

This discussion has been closed.