Search bugs iOS

cesaralopez
cesaralopez
Community Member

I’ve noticed for some time now but never reported that there are bugs in the search function for the app. Once you do an initial search the app doesnt find anything else on subsequent searches. Only a quit app will resolve this. Please fix?

Comments

• Hi @cesaralopez

We are aware of an issue where search results can be inaccurate and/or incomplete. You're saying when you search you aren't getting any results at all? If that is the case do you have the search set to search only titles, or everything?

Please let us know.

Ben

• cesaralopez
    cesaralopez
    Community Member

If I do a search, I get results, and nearly always use default Everything. However, searches are often incomplete. But the real frustration comes from repeating a search after the results have appeared. Subsequent searches result in Not found messages with the Best Match still dislpaying the results of previous searches. Only completely quitting the app (iOS swipe up) eliminates the problem allowing the start of a new search. However, the problem quickly manifests again.

• @cesaralopez

Could you please let me know the steps that you’re taking when you see this issue? For example:

1. Launch and unlock 1Password
    2. Search for ‘google’
      Appropriate search results appear
    3. Clear the search box and search for ‘yahoo’
      The results are not correct (items are missing)
    4. Completely quit 1Password
    5. Launch and unlock 1Password
    6. Search for ‘yahoo’
      Appropriate search results appear

Please let me know.

Ben

• cesaralopez
    cesaralopez
    Community Member

That is exactly right. Just tried it and the Yahoo search failed until complete restart.

• Thanks @cesaralopez. I’ll pass this feedback along to our development team.

Ben

• arthurk
    arthurk
    Community Member
    edited March 2018

I think i have a very similar issue on iOS. My search didn't find matches on either search titles or search everything. I ended up creating a few duplicate entries because of this. I knew something was wrong when it couldn't find "goog".

Like the bug report before, it showed totally wrong "best matches" starting with "pa" on a search for "goog". It looked like these were best matches from a previous search for "picnic" that couldn't find an entry that had both name "picnic" and url with "picnic" in it. On macbook, the same search for picnic show the right entry.

After a restart of the app, search worked again. It did show the results that it didn't show before. And it showed relevant "best matches" again.

• Thank you for letting us know about your experience, @arthurk. I’ll pass your message along to the team in hopes that it helps them track this issue down.

Ben

• fatherofgrafton
    fatherofgrafton
    Community Member

I have had this issue for some time but the last release has made it worse if anything and now 90% of the time doing a second search requires a full restart of the app

• Thanks for letting us know, @fatherofgrafton. We’ll continue to effort toward a solution here.

Ben

• mdehlwes
    mdehlwes
    Community Member

More often than not, when I open the app, go to categories, then start typing, it will show items that might have similar characters at the beginning, but it doesn’t find the actual item

• Hi @mdehlwes

I’ve merged your thread with another on the same topic. Please see above.

Ben

• mdehlwes
    mdehlwes
    Community Member

It’s been happening for weeks. Are you still not reproducing it?

• Hi @mdehlwes,

We have had some success in reproducing some search issues, yes. Unfortunately it continues to be a fairly difficult problem to track down, but we haven’t given up on it.

Ben

• apercy
    apercy
    Community Member

Whatever changed two versions ago (approx) broke the search.
    I get incomplete results on first search, and nothing after editing search term.

• Thanks @apercy. I’ll pass that along.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.