Password generator symbols not staying on

Does the password generator in 1 Password X always turn the symbols switch off?

I keep turning it on and each time I open the generator it's off.

Is it supposed to do this?

1Password Version: 6.8.496
Extension Version: 1.6.0
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1password x password generator symbols

Comments

• blaxxz
    blaxxz
    Community Member

Same here.

The Generator doesn't save any options.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@blaxxz, @matty666: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! Yes, that's by design. The new password generator uses strong, but sane, defaults that will work for the vast majority of websites. If you need to customize for a particular site, you can do that. But since those customizations are highly unlikely to also apply to the next, the password generator will always reset to the defaults. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• sebibob
    sebibob
    Community Member

if the program forget my settings it only makes life difficult for me. this approach is exactly the opposite of what makes your product for me.

• sebibob
    sebibob
    Community Member

By the way: on websites and services I pay for, I expect to use the passwords I want. A hint for a too long password would be a sign for me to doubt the professionalism of the service.

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

@sebibob: I completely agree! I also do my best to avoid websites that are overly restrictive on letting me use a strong password. I understand there needs to be a line somewhere. I shouldn't expect them to allow me to use a password with over a million characters, but I think we can agree something like 50 characters is reasonable.

As for remembering your settings, several others have voiced similar feedback, and we're looking into it. I hope we'll have good news for you soon in a future update. Thanks very much for your feedback. 😁👍

&drew

• LogicSabre
    LogicSabre
    Community Member

I'd like to add my voice to the discussion in favor or it remembering my settings. While I get that symbols off is a good default to start with, if I turn symbols on, I want them to stay on. I'm a tech savvy user and can manage password nuances.

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2018

@LogicSabre: Thanks for you're feedback! I think you'll be happy with the changes we plan to make very soon! 😁

&drew

This discussion has been closed.