Upgrade path from $39.99 beta stand-alone license to Family subscription?

I first purchased 1Password in 2008, and am currently happily using 1Password 6 on Mac, using a stand-alone upgraded license purchased in Nov 2015, and the iOS app.

I see at https://blog.agilebits.com/2018/03/28/the-1password-7-beta-for-mac-is-lit-and-you-can-be-too/ that I can pay $39.99 (presumably within the beta app?) to update to 1Password 7.

The Family subscription offering ("$4.99 per month when billed annually") is also interesting, but I'm not sure whether I want to go that way immediately.

If I purchase the $39.99 beta upgrade, what is the upgrade path if I later decide to switch to the Family subscription? Would the $39.99 count towards the subscription costs?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Hi @cssbz,

I’d recommend trying out the 30 day trial of 1Password Families before making a decision. There is no trial period with the 1Password 7 for Mac license while in beta.

Ben

• Hi Ben... thanks for the reply. I'm pretty confident the features would be fine. Sorry if I wasn't clear. I was asking about the pricing, and what would happen if I were to buy the $39.99 beta upgrade, but then wanted to switch to Family subscription.

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

@cssbz,

I understand that I did not directly answer your questions, and I apologize for that, but the answer that I gave is really the best I can give here on the forum. If you’d like to discuss your particular situation further I’d suggest reaching out to our sales folks ([email protected]) who can better answer questions about specific circumstances.

Ben

• Ah, I thought something like that might be happening but wasn't sure. Thanks for clarifying.

I'm not certain I understand what you said before - let me see if I've got the right end of the stick.

If I subscribe to Families, there's a 30 day free trial, and this would let me evaluate the 1Password 7 Mac beta also? On the other hand, if I purchase the beta (discounted for an unspecified length of time), it isn't published whether I could switch to the subscription later without losing what I've paid (although perhaps the sales folks would be kind).

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

If I subscribe to Families, there's a 30 day free trial, and this would let me evaluate the 1Password 7 Mac beta also?

Yes, absolutely.

On the other hand, if I purchase the beta (discounted for an unspecified length of time), it isn't published whether I could switch to the subscription later without losing what I've paid (although perhaps the sales folks would be kind).

Timing would be a factor for sure. But yes, our sales folks would be able to provide more details. :)

Ben

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file