Personal vault and sync function not available in iOS app settings or browser

After upgrading to a family subscription, I downloaded the iOS app, but all the items shown are the default starter kit + welcome ones. Under Accounts, only the "family account" is shown. If I try to add my personal account by scanning the setup code, it tells me that account has already been added. Additionally, the "syncing" function is not shown in settings.

When I login via a browser, both the shared and personal vaults are listed, but my personal one only shows the default items mentioned above.
All my data is on my Windows application, which doesn't seem to be syncing elsewhere. I'm not sure if my employer's network security is blocking this, or if I can resolve this issue another way.

Thanks in advance for your help!

1Password Version: 6.8.534
Extension Version: 4.7.0.90
OS Version: 11.3
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Hi @danielacasta

It sounds like you have not moved your data into your account yet, and may still be using an old version of 1Password for Windows. Membership on Windows requires 1Password v6. Please see this guide for details on how to migrate:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

Ben

• danielacasta
    danielacasta
    Community Member

Hi Ben, I'm unclear how to import my existing data. The referenced guide is based on 1password4, but my computer has version 6 installed. So my data is stored as a .sqlite file in C\users\username\appdata\local\1password\data. The import options are either as an 1PIF file or a folder with agilekeychain or opvault suffix, and I'm getting an error. What am I missing to make the two compatible?

Thanks again

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2018

@danielacasta: I'm not sure I understand. If you're using 1Password 6 on your PC, you can use the guide Ben linked for you above to migrate your data to the account. 1Password 6 can read an OPVault or AgileKeychain vault directly to import the data into your account. Can you tell me where you're running into trouble?

• danielacasta
    danielacasta
    Community Member

Hi Brenty, I'm running into trouble in Step 2 bullet 2. I understood "open your vault" as open the folder where your data is stored. I followed the command shown in this guide under "To remove your 1Password data" to find where it was located: https://support.1password.com/uninstall-1password/

This is where I read about the difference in how vault data is stored between version 6 and previous ones. The start menu command led me to a "data" folder that has two files: 1Password10.sqlite and user.json (attached screenshot)

Is there another location where the data is stored as an OPVault or AgileKeychain?

Let me know if you need anything else to clarify. Thanks for your help!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@danielacasta: You'll only have an OPVault or AgileKeychain if you were syncing a local vault with Dropbox or another local folder. So you can safely skip that step. :)

• danielacasta
    danielacasta
    Community Member

Thanks for clarifying. Is there no way to import the data as I have it now in sqlite? I signed out of my account when I began this process and it said I had "offline changes" but continued thinking the data would be stored in my PC and not lost. Obviously now that I signed back in, none of the items are shown.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2018

@danielacasta: Oh. The sqlite database is just an offline cache. You could try replacing the current %LOCALAPPDATA%\1Password folder with that, but it is likely to be rejected by the server since it is probably outdated at this point. But if that's the only option you're left with, it's worth a try. :blush:

But first, can you walk me through exactly what you've done and why? I want to be sure there aren't other important details or extreme measures you've taken that are relevant. Which version of 1Password are you using currently?

• danielacasta
    danielacasta
    Community Member

Hi Brenty, I have 1Password Version: 6.8.534. Can we schedule a screen share to walk through this? Thank you!

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @danielacasta,

We are unable to expand our support beyond email at the moment. Certainly it's not perfect, but it allows us to communicate technical information more effectively. That is why I would like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from 1Password 6 on your PC, where you see those offline changes. Here is how you can do that:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+windows@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostic Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox. You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly.

I will be looking forward to hearing back from you!

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.