Feature request (minor): include number of items to the right of the vault's name

Options
olivierdb
olivierdb
Community Member

When viewing All Vaults in the side pane, I would find it useful if the number of items in each vault would be displayed to the right of the name of the corresponding vault, as is the case with item categories when viewing a particular vault.

1Password Version: 7 Beta
Extension Version: 4.7.0.90
OS Version: OS X 10.13.4
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• I could see why that'd be useful. There was actually a time where I had two vaults with the same name but they had different contents. A number would have helped me better identify them. My solution was to give them different icons.

Rick

• olivierdb
    olivierdb
    Community Member
    Options

Right now, we have to click on a specific vault to see the number of items it has. If you have just a few vaults that might be ok, but it remains easier to see everything in one eye shot!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That's a good point. But I am curious, why do you need/want to know the number of items in a particular vault, especially with a quick glance? Thanks for sharing your use case, and this feedback! :)

• olivierdb
    olivierdb
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty When I copy or move items from one vault to another, or when I delete items in a vault, the first verification I'd like to be able to make is that the correct number of items have been copied/moved/trashed. I also like to monitor how large each specific vault is, not just to stay in control of things but also if I find that a particular vault is getting quite large it usually is a sign that it would be a good idea to break things down by creating a new vault. In the past, I had 2 vaults: a Personal vault, synced via 1P, and a Primary vault, synced via iCloud. The Personal vault had to be a clone of the Primary vault, so I really needed to make sure at a glimpse that both vaults had the same number of items.

• Ben
    Options

Gotcha. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback on this. :+1: :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.