FF: Custom logo missing

Hey guys,

I noticed that custom logos for items are missing from the X extension, is that in progress feature, or just a bug?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.6.4
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

Hey @ondrejfuhrer,

1Password X doesn't support custom icons on items yet, but it's something you'll see added in a future release. Surprisingly you're only the second person that I've seen mention it, but adding it shouldn't be a massive undertaking as it's something we support on the 1Password.com web client. I've added this as a request to the open feature request on our issue tracker.

Have a great week!

&drew

• LogicSabre
    LogicSabre
    Community Member

I noticed it tonight, too, and thought about asking about it. ;)

• ondrejfuhrer
    ondrejfuhrer
    Community Member

@LogicSabre Ha! Thanks for making me feel not alone anymore! :chuffed:

• blaxxz
    blaxxz
    Community Member

I asked also for this in the Forum here ;)

You said me that we should sent an email to Agilebits with Pics and the link.

But what is, when they create a Page for this?
    We can upload with the link to Agilebits and they can embed it?

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

@blaxxz: There are three different types of icons for items in 1Password:
    1. A generic icon for items based on the type of item it is.
    2. Rich icons which come from our rich icon server based on the URL of your Login Item. These are the ones that require us to change but then update for all 1Password users. Which is why we would need a link and image to use.
    3. Custom icons which like the name implies allow you to customize any 1Password item to your liking. We don't currently support those custom icons in 1Password X, but it's on our list!

I hope that helps!

&drew

ref: b5x-166

• blaxxz
    blaxxz
    Community Member

thank you for your explanation

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

You're welcome, anytime! 😁

&drew

• ondrejfuhrer
    ondrejfuhrer
    Community Member

Hey @beyer ,

also I have a question regarding this, do you anyhow plan to somehow sync the custom icons with your rich icon server database? If I take my example, I usually go and download the service's logo and use it as my "custom" (which means I don't create my own or anyhow special in 99% cases) and I think other users could benefit from that as well (by taking what user have put in as a custom and get it + review of course to upload on the rich icon server and then all the users have it)?

I guess that security and copyright issues may be involved in that, so it is not worth the time right now? Thank would be my guess :smile: But is there any plan related to that?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

also I have a question regarding this, do you anyhow plan to somehow sync the custom icons with your rich icon server database?

@ondrejfuhrer: We have no plans to do that. We really want to know as little as possible about 1Password users, and also that could easily become a mess, as anyone can add a custom icon. Who knows what we'd end up with! :lol:

If I take my example, I usually go and download the service's logo and use it as my "custom" (which means I don't create my own or anyhow special in 99% cases) and I think other users could benefit from that as well (by taking what user have put in as a custom and get it + review of course to upload on the rich icon server and then all the users have it)? I guess that security and copyright issues may be involved in that, so it is not worth the time right now? Thank would be my guess :smile: But is there any plan related to that?

It's an interesting idea though. Maybe if we can find a safe way of doing it, crowdsourcing could be helpful in the future. Thanks for the suggestion! :)

This discussion has been closed.