Re-authorization possible?

Hello Team,

I am a member using 1PasswordSetup-6.8.496 on Windows 10 and I decided to take advantage of the de-authorization tool and start from a clean slate.

Unfortunately, after doing this, one of the main devices I use (also windows 10) is now unable to log on. The password doesn't get accepted (I'm definitely not fat figuring it ;). I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but to no avail. I am actually able to sign in from a on the device if using a different windows user account but this causes too much trouble as I need it on the original account.

Any way I can re-authorize my device?

Thanks

SS

1Password Version: 6.8.496
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi there @SamSepiel,

If you can sign in to your account at 1Password.com in the browser and have all of your data there, please try to follow the steps in this guide to start over with 1Password app on your Windows PC and sign in to your account anew. Please let me know if it works for you after that. Thanks! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

• SamSepiel
    SamSepiel
    Community Member

Hi there @Greg ,

Thanks for the response. Before I go ahead with this I am a bit cautious as it states "Resetting 1Password will delete your vaults, items, and settings." Does this mean it will delete my 1password data across all devices or will my data be present when I sign back in on the device just as it was before?

Cheers,
    SS

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@SamSepiel: If you're using a 1Password.com account, all of the encrypted data is stored on the server, so resetting the app will have no effect on that, only removing the local cache. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.