Keyboard shortcut and unlock screen

I just started testing out 1Password X with version 1.6 and had a couple questions. I'm also running Vivaldi, which I see is now supported so that's awesome.

First, the keyboard shortcut (ctrl-shift-x) does not seem to do anything for me. I'm assuming this should open the 1Password window?

Second, if 1Password is locked and you click on the 1Password icon on the user/password input boxes it just tells you it is locked. Seems like it would be great if it could provide a way to unlock it right there instead of having to use the icon in your toolbar.

So far I'm liking the new extension and wanted to share my initial feedback.

Thanks!

1Password Version: 6.8.496
Extension Version: 1Password X 1.6
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: 1Password sub

Comments

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

Hey @demoniac! 👋

Thanks for trying out 1Password X and providing your initial feedback!

First, the keyboard shortcut (ctrl-shift-x) does not seem to do anything for me. I'm assuming this should open the 1Password window?

Unfortunately, I have the same issue in Vivaldi with regard to keyboard shortcuts not working in Chrome extensions (including 1Password X). After doing some research, it seems that this is an ongoing issue and being tracked by the Vivaldi developers as issue VB-14668 ("Extensions' keyboard shortcuts don't work"). Since Vivaldi doesn't offer a public issue tracker, I've reached out to them via email to get any additional information they are willing to provide.

Second, if 1Password is locked and you click on the 1Password icon on the user/password input boxes it just tells you it is locked. Seems like it would be great if it could provide a way to unlock it right there instead of having to use the icon in your toolbar.

Although this would be possible from a technical standpoint, we made the design decision only to allow unlocking of 1Password X from the popup and when you sign in to your account at https://start.1password.com/signin. Our concern is that a website could pretend to be 1Password and display a fake UI asking for your Master Password. This is definitely more of a concern for a browser app, and we protect against it by never asking you to input your Master Password in “inline” elements that appear to be part of a webpage.

We have plans to improve both of these items in the future for folks who have 1Password for Mac or Windows installed on the same device they are using 1Password X on. However, I can't give you any definitive timeline yet. The one promise I can make is we are far from done adding exciting features and improvements to 1Password X!

ref: b5x-320

• demoniac
    demoniac
    Community Member

@beyer Thanks for the info! I had not considered a webpage trying to spoof the 1Password dialog box but I'm glad you guys did :-). Appreciate the info on the known bug in Vivaldi as well.

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

@demoniac: You're very welcome! I'll let you know if I find out anything interesting from Vivaldi.

Thanks for using 1Password! 💙

• williamporter
    williamporter
    Community Member

Having same problem with 1Password X in Vivaldi as OP. Hoping Vivaldi fixes this one soon.

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

@williamporter: Same here! Unfortunately, Vivaldi has their own list of priorities, and from what I've read I don't believe extensions keyboard shortcuts is very high on that list. My hope is we can help push this issue along. 🤞

&drew

• williamporter
    williamporter
    Community Member

@beyer: Well, it's not too difficult to click on the 1Password icon in the Vivaldi toolbar to log in, so I guess I can survive without the keyboard shortcut until Vivaldi gets around to fixing that.

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

@williamporter: Sounds good! I'll update here if I get any updates. I hope you have a pleasant week. 🤘😁👍

&drew

This discussion has been closed.